Chasing up quotes

Will Heal

I send a polite email 48 hours after, "just a quick email to ensure you received our quote through" etc the amount of times they reply with yes sorry and go ahead is a lot 👍🏻👍🏻

I do something similar to make sure they got the email, as they disappear into spam or junk mail folders sometimes.

Several times customers have said they didn't receive the email and then find it in the spam box.

Always worth chasing in my opinion.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 12 yrs + I've never chased, and wouldn't start.as mentioned makes you seem desperate for the work. I hate being chased by company's myself so I know what it must feel like to any potential client. If they want you they will phone. If your not getting the work look at your prices or how you come accros as a potential contractor.

And if a customer asks when you can do the work never say soon, always threes weeks plus, even if your not busy or they will be cautious as to why you can do the work so quick

And if a customer asks when you can do the work never say soon, always threes weeks plus, even if your not busy or they will be cautious as to why you can do the work so quick

Doesn't make much sense to me, if I've got nothing on and need the money I'm not gonna leave money sitting around for a month I could go and earn. If I can do something quickly I'll ask what day they want us so I can book other jobs in around them. Never had a problem and more than once I've looked at a job on a weekend and done it on the Monday when things are dead!

In 12 yrs + I've never chased, and wouldn't start.as mentioned makes you seem desperate for the work. I hate being chased by company's myself so I know what it must feel like to any potential client. If they want you they will phone. If your not getting the work look at your prices or how you come accros as a potential contractor.

I usually say about a fortnight for the same reason above but I can always ring and say have had a cancellation etc and can fit them in sooner, but on the other hand if I'm busy it gives me a fortnight to get organised.

When my quote is accepted, if I've not got much on I will ask when would you like it done, to which they usually say as soon as possible. Then you can say well if I jiggle my jobs around I can bring you near the top and do it next Tuesday. They don't know you've nothing much on, they appreciate you fitting them in sooner, and also this avoids a chainsaw Charlie nipping in behind your back and doing it in the meantime. Works for me many a time .

Can't see the sense of trying to sound busy, ask em when they want it doin, if you can fit em in do it tomorrow...

The lasting opinion of you by a customer will be the job you did, not when you started it...

er, with the proviso that you've agreed a price and they want it doin that is...