Chasing up quotes

Will Heal

I don't normally chase quotes but think I will chase all my quotes for the next month and see how I get on. I think it's a British thing we don't like that awkward conversation with customers and feeling like we're being pushy. I know I dislike sales people that constantly chase you.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether it is the right thing to do or the wrong thing - chasing up a quote is never going to do any harm! And it could bring in a job that you may not have otherwise got.

Probably best not to expect a good % return rate when doing it but I'd say it's good professional business practice. Also you can get some feedback from people on why they perhaps choose to go elsewhere (it may not always be the price).

I don't understand that "I've never chased a quote and I never will" of some people in this thread.

Tons of studies and statistics shows that you close more deals if you follow up a few days/weeks after a quote. People forget, people are busy, people haven't decided and a call or an e-mail is far from being desperate, it's just business (try not to call 3 times in 2 days!).

It is way different to pressure with the idea of closing the deal than just ask "did you get my quote? what do you think? are you interested?"

I'd not chased any quotes before but having read this, thought I'd give it a go & called the last half dozen & guess what...not a single one. Ho hum.

Had an odd one today when a private householder asked to see our insurances, waste carrier permit, proof of qualifications etc. Didn't really mind, just took me aback. Oh yes, he asked to see our 'council licence' too, whatever that is.

Edited by leswold

I'd not chased any quotes before but having read this, thought I'd give it a go & called the last half dozen & guess what...not a single one. Ho hum.

Had an odd one today when a private householder asked to see our insurances, waste carrier permit, proof of qualifications etc. Didn't really mind, just took me aback. Oh yes, he asked to see our 'council licence' too, whatever that is.

Did they tell you why you didn't get the jobs?

This is why I would not waste my time calling.

Just leaves you open to being beaten down, IMO.

Quote and wait, thats what I do.

Dave, you've got nothing to lose.

Why don't you trial it for a month and see what happens?

Admittedly it would make very little difference to my workload, or yours I expect.

You have got your council licence?

Had mine for years mate.

I'm far to lazy to "trial" stuff.