Chainsaw left on site

TreeTiger

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on a ship off the Iraqi coast. Iraqi marines were based on our ship and each day they left on small boats to stop and search suspect vessels. One day a marine forgot his AK47 and left it on the deck of our ship.

You would have thought remembering your gun would have been a priority in a war zone.

I've only ever lost one saw for good and I'm convinced the customer took it ... Well I know they took it as it was impossible for it to be any where else that really grated on me, I even accused one of the lads who was working with me of taking it but it turns out one of his neighbours saw him using it a year or so later.

Left plenty of bits on site, one of the most surprising was a big hedge we used to do for the council I had left a Stihl hs80 there it was still there 2 hours later despite being on the side of a public footpath... but it was the posh part of town !

Mick the machine driver at the green waste dump is always finding saws,strimmers, blowers, hedge cutters and rakes. They get tipped off with the chip and green waste all the time. Quite a few have been fed through the shredder and those that dont normally get squished in the grab :thumbdown: I wonder how many of these are reported as stolen? :sneaky2:

Bob

000_0101.jpg

If the chap is normally half decent worker then its a bollocking and no more said. If he's a subbie type who has to be told to breath every 10 mins then what was he doing working unsupervised!

As an employer of subbies take nothing at all for granted. Whoever is in charge of the job on site the buck stops with them. Just saves a lot of grief in the long run.

Asking any employee to pay for a cock up it is wrong,

That's why you make a profit and they make wages.

If they have to pay for things wrong they should double there wages.

Goes the same for fences etc,

I'd just temporary remove privileges like weekend van use etc

I left a brash dragger on site once, well actually he had been involved in an altercation with a co-worker , squaring up to each other etc. I got between them and as it was nearly leaving off time I suggested he sit in the truck and cool down a bit, while the other one kept out of the way. He decided not to do this, in fact he wouldn't even get in when the job was finished. I learned a few days later when he called round to get paid that he had hitch hiked/walked back to his home, some 20 miles, and had made several wrong turns in the process.

Agreed, if you told him that you'd mis-placed 2 weeks of his wages how would he feel??

Probably how will i feed my family and keep the roof over our head.

Not really comparable to forgetting to put a chainsaw in a truck.