When customers want to help!

Macca

I've had one claim, hit a postie van with a flying log. Insurance didn't ask for any tickets etc

I had an insurance claim for kit once.. Didn't ask for a thing but a crime reference. The guy even told me that I could spend the money on golf clubs for all he cared....

Just as long as your premiums are going up, they're covered.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that on small(er) claims like the ones John P and I described it's a non issue, they write the cheque.

Personal injury/death stuff is prolly where they'll try to find a way to weasel out of stuff.

Let's hope none of us test the theory.

I think that on small(er) claims like the ones John P and I described it's a non issue, they write the cheque.

Personal injury/death stuff is prolly where they'll try to find a way to weasel out of stuff.

Let's hope none of us test the theory.

I think this is true.

A mate of mine is a fencing contractor, he hit a gas main while pulling out old steel posts.

He did not have a map of the services, his insurance Co walked away :001_huh:

Yep I bet they have a couple of grand cut off point, over XXX they will look into things, that is when most of us are probably screwed.

In all honesty though can you blame them?

BTW im not defending insurance companies, they are up on my list alongside solicitors.

I think this is true.

A mate of mine is a fencing contractor, he hit a gas main while pulling out old steel posts.

Most. No, all Utility Companies I've worked for have a Disclaimer at the bottom of their plans saying things like..... These drawing may not be accurate. You must dig test holes. And so on. Failure to do this will end up with you getting shafted, or words to that effect.

I don't know if this is the case in all parts of the country, but I'm not surprised his insurance company walked away.

Never mind not asking for plans before the work commenced.

I think this is true.

I hope he had a tanker full of lube, must have been massively expensive

I had an insurance claim for kit once.. Didn't ask for a thing but a crime reference. The guy even told me that I could spend the money on golf clubs for all he cared....

Just as long as your premiums are going up, they're covered.

Got to say I've had the exact opposite on my last claim as they virtually crawled up my arse , if I could not provide a receipt it was not covered I lost a few thousand and also it just added to the stress of being cleaned out , I take what Mick and Jon say but things are changing and if you can't provide a paper work trail for any thing covered by insurance I can see now and in the future claims not being covered unless your gear was has loler ,staff are trained for the appropriate task and a risk assessment has been filled or in the case of stolen gear serial numbers and purchase receipts ... It's not good but it's just the way things are going.

I don't understand how a business owner would not have receipts for all their gear, you need them to claim against your tax.

Also my dealer has a recored of all the saws etc bought on my account and will provide serial numbers for me if I ask.

Twice over 2 years I have had an engel fridge (worth $1299) stolen off the back of the ute. Twice insurance has asked for a receipt, I havnt been able to find it, so they have been happy with a photo of it on my ute (any old photo I could find of my ute which had the fridge in shot) & a police crime number & they have wired money into my account.

Maybe insurance in australia is a bit easier to deal with.

Twice over 2 years I have had an engel fridge (worth $1299) stolen off the back of the ute. Twice insurance has asked for a receipt, I havnt been able to find it, so they have been happy with a photo of it on my ute (any old photo I could find of my ute which had the fridge in shot) & a police crime number & they have wired money into my account.

Maybe insurance in australia is a bit easier to deal with.

Fridge on the back of ute.

A knew you Aussies liked a drink, but that's taking it to the next level.

Respect!