Bloody good day thread!!

Hodge

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute crap day all round! Did a clearance job today consisting of loads od self seeded blackthorn and brambles, nothing touched for seven years. Got stuck in and used my little Jo Beau m200chipper. Changed the blade around yesterday, working like a dream then after 5 hours realised the belt had gone. Looked down and a tyre had blown, stuck in a waterlogged field but managed to find a couple of Brit builders to help me get in onto my trailer. Got home to find the light cable on the trailer had disconnected and was dragging on the road, knackered. Final insult, my wife had made her "version" of tuna bleeding pasta bake, talk about kicking a man when he's down. She must be on one of her anti English periods.

Absolute crap day all round! Did a clearance job today consisting of loads od self seeded blackthorn and brambles, nothing touched for seven years. Got stuck in and used my little Jo Beau m200chipper. Changed the blade around yesterday, working like a dream then after 5 hours realised the belt had gone. Looked down and a tyre had blown, stuck in a waterlogged field but managed to find a couple of Brit builders to help me get in onto my trailer. Got home to find the light cable on the trailer had disconnected and was dragging on the road, knackered. Final insult, my wife had made her "version" of tuna bleeding pasta bake, talk about kicking a man when he's down. She must be on one of her anti English periods.

Thanks David, cannot abide positivity, tales of woe (albeit not too serious) are much better.

Yesterday, we had a stand at Scothort at Ingliston, Edinburgh. Twas a pita to get a machine up a ramp and down a corridor to get it on the stand. Took me, Jason from Orange and three others much head scratching and grunting to achieve. The show ended and we borrowed Davy, Henderson's driver and his crane lorry - simple job to get her out again! Straight off the balcony! No sweat.....

Did you manage to sell that one off the stand,or do you want me to come up and give you a few tips.:thumbup:

Day off today, but yesterday was really good, connies topped, hedges all clipped, shrubs all pruned back, 4 of us finished in the pelting rain at 6:00. Customer paid on the doorstep and gave me an extra ton as thanks for slogging on.

The evening was rounded off with a nice glass of beer - mrs oldwoodcutters headaches started in 1984 as i recollect.

10 big hairy spruce trees tipped into soft spot in road after cleaning drains and installling pipes, snedded to leave the brash there and the timber snaked away with a digger up the banking, cross cut to 3.7m logs and stacked.:thumbup:

Last calf of the year arrived fit and well - mum and son doing fine thanks:thumbup:

Long term Forest Plan sent off to printers to get hard copies for signing:thumbup:

load of firewood delivered to round off the day :thumbup:

Sat with laptop and a glass of wine:thumbup:

Downside - missus had third course of chemotherapy today and not feeling too bright on it:thumbdown: