lacking energy

simonm

Personally I don't think that people are wired up to work more than 6 days a week at the most. By the time you're into the second week you're knackered and your work rate and quality go down hill.

When it comes to punishing work schedules sometimes less can mean more in the long run.

I find when I overdo it and don't deliberately make time for rest it's not just my work that suffers. I get ratty, make mistakes and I'm nowhere near as productive as I am when I take time to rest. In the grand scheme of things I think it's far better to make time for rest.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have being working 7 days for the last couple of months, the last week or so I am seriously lacking energy by dinner time! I eat breakfast dinner etc but find that eating mars bars and drinking Lucozade lasts all of 20 mins before I am knackered again! What do you eat to keep your energy levels up?

My first thought was, why are you working 7 days a week for a couple of months?

I used to do it (many years ago)...... It makes a happy man, very old! Stop working yourself into an early grave!

Yeh the old saying that hard work never killed anyone is bs . Don't work weekends over here and interestingly i looked at a job in the US the other day stating that you did not need to work weekends if you didn't want and they encouraged 'family time' ... How refreshing and maybe a shift in how to attract employees 😃

eating mars bars and drinking Lucozade

That Sir is the problem; empty calories. Get some vegetables!

forget the eating, have a weekend off to recover is what you need

Correct

Not sugar!

Cut back on the sugar/caffeine which causes spikes in blood sugar and artificial 'highs'.

Try to have rest in the evening, hot baths, early nights etc.

Eat clean, organic and NON PROCESSED foods.

Take a Multivitamin supplement and particularly B vitamins.

Slow down and take a day off!

+1

Been there mate, my good lady has now mandated one day a week of. A little paperwork or kit maintenance is allowed but only for an hour or so. It's bloody worked. Good diet is one thing but a little down time is essential.

+1

Personally I don't think that people are wired up to work more than 6 days a week at the most. By the time you're into the second week you're knackered and your work rate and quality go down hill.

When it comes to punishing work schedules sometimes less can mean more in the long run.

I find when I overdo it and don't deliberately make time for rest it's not just my work that suffers. I get ratty, make mistakes and I'm nowhere near as productive as I am when I take time to rest. In the grand scheme of things I think it's far better to make time for rest.

again, +1.

Not designed to work 7 days, simples.

Another thing; the comment above about clean organic natural food... couldn't agree more. <90% of the produce we buy in shops and supermarkets isn't food! Mass produced, refined, dead, junk, chemical soup is what it is. Aswell as the malnutrition, people are killing themselves with calorific poisoning - we eat way too much, myself included until I got sick.

I got seriously ill - CRON diet became a matter of life and death.

As a quick boost try a tonic called metatone. Gulp two to three mouthfuls during day, will make reference within day out so. This is only a short term boost though. I take it when run down. Well worth a look. It's given to heroin addicts to keep up vitamin levels etc. Also paleo, been paleo three years, eat biscuits now though!!!!

Porridge for breakfast, eat lots of nuts throughout the day....graze on a handfull whether you feel hungry or not, drink water, get to bed for 7-8 hours sleep and rest at least two days a week..... And by rest i mean relax, switch off and do nothing connected with work, phone people back when you are at 'work' and resist the urge to 'just give em' a bell.

This wont fix everything but it always gave me a refrence point when i was working waayyyy to much and if you keep it up combined with a good diet and sleep you will feel more resiliant to the enevitable wear and tear on your health and spirit.

Blue Skies :thumbup1: