Jump to content
aspenarb

Fings wot broke

Recommended Posts

It’s a long story John, involving a franchise in another country, too boring to go into.
 
Redwood have been excellent in their service though, above and beyond.

Hope you get it sorted Mick, is it a common fault or are you just unlucky with your machine?
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope you get it sorted Mick, is it a common fault or are you just unlucky with your machine?
We didn't have that crack on our st8 but had plenty of others, some cosmetic which were irritating and some structural which if left unspotted could have been seriously dangerous, redwood did sort everything eventually and did it very well giving me back a rebuild vertually new machine but the hassle and down time lost my faith in the machine and brand.

Hope you get it sorted easily mick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gray git said:

We didn't have that crack on our st8 but had plenty of others, some cosmetic which were irritating and some structural which if left unspotted could have been seriously dangerous, redwood did sort everything eventually and did it very well giving me back a rebuild vertually new machine but the hassle and down time lost my faith in the machine and brand.

Hope you get it sorted easily mick

Nods head in agreement...

 

Plasma cutting off the bracket.

007FD5D7-28E9-49EA-BA17-52906001191E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Grinding off the weld, you can see the crack.

B9F84388-849E-41DD-B7DE-2B25DC2389EA.jpeg

i assume ya need to empty the hydraulic tank afore that can be weld repaired ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wicklamulla said:

i assume ya need to empty the hydraulic tank afore that can be weld repaired ?

For sure, and fill it with Argon to prevent explosions (see pic)

 

All done and back to work tomorrow

 

 

E2C04E49-5A1C-4D47-ABF5-1218DC6B6B3A.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We didn't have that crack on our st8 but had plenty of others, some cosmetic which were irritating and some structural which if left unspotted could have been seriously dangerous, redwood did sort everything eventually and did it very well giving me back a rebuild vertually new machine but the hassle and down time lost my faith in the machine and brand.

Hope you get it sorted easily mick

I’ve had my little TW125 for just over 8yrs now but the machine is 16yrs old now. Perfect for what I need it for just requires a little tlc from time to time. So I’m guessing micks crack is just a one off thing? I see most companies are using the Forst chipper’s these days so they must be doing something right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Alex O said:


I’ve had my little TW125 for just over 8yrs now but the machine is 16yrs old now. Perfect for what I need it for just requires a little tlc from time to time. So I’m guessing micks crack is just a one off thing? I see most companies are using the Forst chipper’s these days so they must be doing something right

 The ST8 is a blinding chipper, but I certainly wouldn't want to own one out of warranty!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ranger bought it today, apparently needed to be rammed into a lampost to avoid a cyclist, stuffed the rad in the process. I think the driver has just won the DCM.

 

Bob

 

0A05CB73-0E10-4F1B-B0CA-B08E3F7A8F4A_zps

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.