Jump to content
aspenarb

Fings wot broke

Recommended Posts

Bad day for the tracked TW. Hydraulic pump bracket fell to bits and chewed up the belts , the starter has been playing about so had a look at that as well.

 

Mortice and tenon joint on a kin steel bracket what a POS.

 

. image.jpg6_zps0dscn3rv.jpg

 

Glued it together

 

image.jpg2_zpsbrwn61qj.jpg

 

Intermittent starter problem thats been getting worse, the lads have been beating it with a hammer.

 

image.jpg1_zpsjgbvqwcc.jpg

 

Contacts all burnt out so its scrap.

 

image.jpg2_zpsmhzy41bk.jpg

Edited by aspenarb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many drag starts in the transit trying to get green waste out of the back made it smell funny according to the lads. :thumbdown:

 

I think its lost its newness

 

image.jpg1_zpsdenvqi1y.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Transits never did have a long lived clutch, always thought they should have a gear below 1st for setting off with a arb load on ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shame it was not welded up like that from day one.

 

Its not really the only design problem. The whole pump setup is about a foot long and is only bolted one end on the two holes.

 

image.jpg5_zpsb2znlgez.jpg

 

After welding the bracket i made a stay/adjuster that runs from the engine to the pump. This should support it all a bit better

 

image.jpg1_zpsne8qjk1i.jpg

 

image.jpg2_zpsynf3gpzr.jpg

 

image.jpg3_zps4j6apriq.jpg

 

New starter turned up from Woodautos today , £90 instead of £160 from Kubota. Their part number STR 70073

 

image.jpg1_zpsp5fqqykv.jpg

 

All done and working :)

 

Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got back from holiday to find the tipping body had sheered off from its hinges at the back while I was away, use and abuse from tree work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
or just run at the proper weight would be another option:thumbup:

 

Madness, Sir.

Utter madness.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The copper contacts in the starter motor are a pretty quick and easy change. My Fourtrak did the same, it went for 18 months on some homemade brass ones, then fitted genuine Nippon Denso ones.

 

KUBOTA STARTER MOTOR SOLENOID CONTACT REPAIR KIT (NIPPON DENSO ONLY) | eBay

 

The "Nippon Denso Clunk of Doom"

Edited by wills-mill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.