My accident

sean

Hi Sean, stranger Dave again, read your recent posts your wife's right, think of what you will be able to do. Your mind and body have taken quite a beating, its a lot to deal with so go easy on yourself and enjoy the hammock! When my wife got sick she had to use a wheelchair or the mobility scooter it was difficult and she got frustrated and angry at what was happening but she kept positive and we adapted our lifestyle to suit new situation. Your still there for your family and in my opinion that's the best thing to focus on. Little victories all add up. All the best Dave MLS.

Hi Sean, glad to hear your Betties are getting aired can't say its something I've ever thought about.

Anyway really good to hear a more upbeat posting and great that your lads taking the p. out of you, all moving in the right direction.

Hi Sean, glad to hear your Betties are getting aired can't say its something I've ever thought about.

Anyway really good to hear a more upbeat posting and great that your lads taking the p. out of you, all moving in the right direction.

You obviously don't wear chainsaw trousers in the summer Bob! If you do you think about little else😰

Hi Sean, here's wishing you all the best in your recovery. Stay strong, there's a load of support here and elsewhere. However bleak the future can appear at times, snatch at the small positives rather than the large negatives. And hang onto that dream of playing footie with your lad again, it will happen one way or another. Best wishes,

Andy. :thumbup1:

Hi sean, shaun from ireland who doesn't know you again. Regarding what future holds, challenges are there in all forms just depends on the mindset as to how you meet them. - not intending to say it will be easy in any way. Have a google of darren conroy - my brother. His spine was snapped thirty years ago in a road accident, in a time when there were few techno advances. Anyway look at him for first paraplegic in space. He did the space training flights, goes all round the world especially the carribean and Oz big game fishing. Helped to design the wheely boat for lake fishing, did open uni degree to become a psychology lecturer at our old school, drives everywhere alone, has an adapted quad bike for absolute nuts fun........ the opportunities just keep coming.

Keep smiling and laughing with jasper and the wife. - they'll show you the way.

And keep the progress coming to us, youve a great way of describing it.

Shaun

Hey Sean . I had a bad accident in 2003 . Got hit head on by a car whilst on my fireblade . I was a sporting 50 year old at the time ...Squash , Cricket , swimming , shooting daaa de daa de daa etc etc . My life changed completely with he destruction of my right knee and break of my right femur combined with the dotal destruction of my left shoulder together with asorted wrists , fingers and so on . I was in a wheel chair for a long time and totally waisted muscle wise . A horrible person to live with for a long time feeling sorry for myself . Thank god for my family and most of all my wife who was a rock under duress . The cards you are dealt in life are the cards you are dealt and thats it . After a while you make the best of what you have got and start to apreciat what you can do rather than greive for what you can no longer do . You are a strong charracter I am sure and will come out the other side the stronger for it . Good luck bud ....