My accident

sean

To me it's a no brainier. Of course there are days where I feel sorry for myself, get angry and ask why?? But I owe it not to just myself but to my wife and children. What sort of example will I be setting the children if I just crumble? Allow myself to wither and give up. I need to remain strong for the family. To show the children that people with disabilities have as much to offer society as able bodied people. I need to show them that whatever happens they have the strength to overcome anything that is thrown their way. With the help of family and friends they can achieve anything they want. That obstacles will be placed in front of them and they will be better people having confronted and overcome them.

I have much I want to do especially regarding trees and my photography. I see this as an opportunity for me to do so much. I know these are just words at this stage and it is going to be bloody hard but I am 46 and have years ahead of me to achieve so much. There are many people in far worse situations than me who have achieved so much, truly inspirational people. Anyway I would never be allowed to crumble. My family and friends wouldn't have it!!

Here's a photo I took of an old Ash Pollard that sums up my mood right now

Sean, you are an inspiration already mate.

My Missus is the Artistic Director or an Internationally renowned Contemporary Dance company. They tour all over the world and have able bodied dancers as well as dancers with spinal injuries and varying other levels of physical disability.

Candoco Dance Company

The company was founded by an amazing lady who was dropped on stage during the 70's.

Candoco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stine regularly reads your updates here and on Facebook mate. Next time they are touring in your area, tickets are on the way to you mate. You probably will think it is like moving wallpaper (I do) but some of the stuff they do is nothing short of amazing!

Keep on feeling positive bro!

You're some man Sean.

As Red said in the Shawshank Redemption,

'Get busy living or get busy dying'.

It's pretty obvious which camp you fall into.

Your lass sounds like a right good 'un, which can only help, and I loved your lads comments on beating you!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

You're some man Sean.

As Red said in the Shawshank Redemption,

'Get busy living or get busy dying'.

It's pretty obvious which camp you fall into.

Your lass sounds like a right good 'un, which can only help, and I loved your lads comments on beating you!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

"I wish I could say that Sean fought the good fight and the a Sisters let him be. I wish I could tell you that.

But hospital is no fairy tale"

April 9th

So yesterday I got out of bed for the first time in 4 weeks. I dunno how those students do it because it's been driving me nuts. When I say I got out of bed it was not in the conventional sense of the word. Instead it was me being hauled out of bed with the aid of a mechanical hoist and lowered into my wheelchair for the very first time. I have to say that it was more than slightly nerve wrecking. I looked up at the hoist and questioned and fretted as to whether it would actually support my weight. I looked at the label to see when it was last inspected. I inspected the slings myself, looking for any signs of wear. That would be just my luck, get out of bed for the first time only to be unceremoniously dumped to the floor covered in plaster from the collapsing ceiling.

Anyway into the chair I went. I have to say that everybody was far more excited at this new development than I was. I certainly had mixed feelings about it. On the one hand it was great to be out of bed, of course it was but on the other it was a huge reality check. Sitting in that chair brought it all home to me. This is it, certainly for now. Me in a wheelchair. Could well be for life. It was emotional. At the same time it was another small step ( have to stop using that expression) towards getting out of here and on with my life.

I was in the chair for just 15 minutes and went outside into the sunshine. That was bliss but never has 15 minutes gone so quickly. Before you can count to 960 ( work it out) I was back in the room, hoisted out of the chair and back into my bed. Today it will be for 30 mins with an increase of 15mins each day. Within a couple of weeks I can pretty much spend whatever time I want in the chair and that's when I will be relatively free to whizz around the hospital as the urge takes me. I was in the chair long enough yesterday to realise that I will get the hang of it quite quickly so should have no trouble getting myself around.

Ache like hell today from all the pulling, pushing, lifting I endured yesterday but it was worth it it. I look forward to getting out in the sun later.

Thank you all for your continued support, for making me laugh, for making me cry, for making me dinner. Love ya x

This will be my new soundtrack when bombing around the hospital. Listen and think of me x

Can't seem to copy the link on the iPad but it's 'Silver Machine' by Hawkwind

April 9th

So yesterday I got out of bed for the first time in 4 weeks. I dunno how those students do it because it's been driving me nuts. When I say I got out of bed it was not in the conventional sense of the word. Instead it was me being hauled out of bed with the aid of a mechanical hoist and lowered into my wheelchair for the very first time. I have to say that it was more than slightly nerve wrecking. I looked up at the hoist and questioned and fretted as to whether it would actually support my weight. I looked at the label to see when it was last inspected. I inspected the slings myself, looking for any signs of wear. That would be just my luck, get out of bed for the first time only to be unceremoniously dumped to the floor covered in plaster from the collapsing ceiling.

Anyway into the chair I went. I have to say that everybody was far more excited at this new development than I was. I certainly had mixed feelings about it. On the one hand it was great to be out of bed, of course it was but on the other it was a huge reality check. Sitting in that chair brought it all home to me. This is it, certainly for now. Me in a wheelchair. Could well be for life. It was emotional. At the same time it was another small step ( have to stop using that expression) towards getting out of here and on with my life.

I was in the chair for just 15 minutes and went outside into the sunshine. That was bliss but never has 15 minutes gone so quickly. Before you can count to 960 ( work it out) I was back in the room, hoisted out of the chair and back into my bed. Today it will be for 30 mins with an increase of 15mins each day. Within a couple of weeks I can pretty much spend whatever time I want in the chair and that's when I will be relatively free to whizz around the hospital as the urge takes me. I was in the chair long enough yesterday to realise that I will get the hang of it quite quickly so should have no trouble getting myself around.

Ache like hell today from all the pulling, pushing, lifting I endured yesterday but it was worth it it. I look forward to getting out in the sun later.

Thank you all for your continued support, for making me laugh, for making me cry, for making me dinner. Love ya x

This will be my new soundtrack when bombing around the hospital. Listen and think of me x

Can't seem to copy the link on the iPad but it's 'Silver Machine' by Hawkwind

HI SEAN WELL DONE there mate all the best from sonia jon :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: