My accident

sean

Evening Sean, each of your posts both amuse me & bring a tear to my eye, your strength of mind is truly inspiring to me, & I'm sure to others who read your reports here.

After a while, when your injuries settle, I'm convinced you will make good progress in your recovery.

April 7th

Sun is shining and I'm feeling strong. After a couple of days having a bit of a dip I woke this morning refreshed and ready to do this. I just want to get strong and get the hell out of here. On with my life in whatever form. Scary still for sure, the unknown, uncharted end waters but bring it on. Somehow they must have known, must have felt my new felt optimism for they have just delivered good news! Although not totally clear of C Diff infection control have declared that because I wasn't infected solely as a result of the antibiotics but because I am in the 5% of the population who are carriers ( See, I always knew I was special) I can now leave my room! Coupled with the fact that today or tomorrow I will be fitted with my brace which will enable me to not only sit up but get into a wheel chair this is great news. That's it I'm off. I do not know what my feelings will be when first getting into a wheelchair, mixed I'm sure but to get out of bed and out of this room will be amazing.

The nurses are worried, they think I will be trouble. This morning I reassured them that I will be! Once I am in that chair I'm off. There will be no holding me back. Form my window I look across the car park to the not too distant trees and fields and that's where I will be heading. I will be going places I shouldn't. Like a kid I will be exploring the corridors of this sprawling hospital, I will be in the gardens. Hopefully I can wean myself off of these pain killers so I can enjoy an illicit cider in the greenhouse. I won't go too mad though, promise. I will conform and do what is asked of me but knowing me as I do I will push the boundaries somewhat.

I'm at this point because of you lot as well as myself. The love and support has been incredible, it has lifted me when I have been low, you have made me laugh and reminded me of the important things. You have been with me for what has so far been a short leg of a very long journey and I know you will be with me for the rest of the way.

Love ya x

Susi has been a colossus and she has given me the strength to face this. A message she sent me last night gave me the strength to wake this morning and face this

I love u so much harding x killing me not being by ur side x we have to stay strong honey x i know that easier for me to say x and its ok...to be down too x just not for too long xcos otherwise we'll lose our way x x x i love you sean harding, i'm here x if u need me i'll get in the car and drive to you x we will get through this me and you...my beautiful gorgeous man x x x i'll step out of the rush for you x sorry my beautiful man, sorry that u are going through this, i dont understand why, in my mind, it can only be if smething good is meant to come out of this...x x x love you, just the thought of you x nothing id rather do than be with you x i dont care if you havent got legs x you are still beautiful x more beautiful infact x i fell in love with you x your essence x your being x love you you you x strong together x x x youmemeyou x x x hate being away frm you x x x cant stop thinking of you x x x

April 7th

Sun is shining and I'm feeling strong. After a couple of days having a bit of a dip I woke this morning refreshed and ready to do this. I just want to get strong and get the hell out of here. On with my life in whatever form. Scary still for sure, the unknown, uncharted end waters but bring it on. Somehow they must have known, must have felt my new felt optimism for they have just delivered good news! Although not totally clear of C Diff infection control have declared that because I wasn't infected solely as a result of the antibiotics but because I am in the 5% of the population who are carriers ( See, I always knew I was special) I can now leave my room! Coupled with the fact that today or tomorrow I will be fitted with my brace which will enable me to not only sit up but get into a wheel chair this is great news. That's it I'm off. I do not know what my feelings will be when first getting into a wheelchair, mixed I'm sure but to get out of bed and out of this room will be amazing.

The nurses are worried, they think I will be trouble. This morning I reassured them that I will be! Once I am in that chair I'm off. There will be no holding me back. Form my window I look across the car park to the not too distant trees and fields and that's where I will be heading. I will be going places I shouldn't. Like a kid I will be exploring the corridors of this sprawling hospital, I will be in the gardens. Hopefully I can wean myself off of these pain killers so I can enjoy an illicit cider in the greenhouse. I won't go too mad though, promise. I will conform and do what is asked of me but knowing me as I do I will push the boundaries somewhat.

I'm at this point because of you lot as well as myself. The love and support has been incredible, it has lifted me when I have been low, you have made me laugh and reminded me of the important things. You have been with me for what has so far been a short leg of a very long journey and I know you will be with me for the rest of the way.

Love ya x

Susi has been a colossus and she has given me the strength to face this. A message she sent me last night gave me the strength to wake this morning and face this

I love u so much harding x killing me not being by ur side x we have to stay strong honey x i know that easier for me to say x and its ok...to be down too x just not for too long xcos otherwise we'll lose our way x x x i love you sean harding, i'm here x if u need me i'll get in the car and drive to you x we will get through this me and you...my beautiful gorgeous man x x x i'll step out of the rush for you x sorry my beautiful man, sorry that u are going through this, i dont understand why, in my mind, it can only be if smething good is meant to come out of this...x x x love you, just the thought of you x nothing id rather do than be with you x i dont care if you havent got legs x you are still beautiful x more beautiful infact x i fell in love with you x your essence x your being x love you you you x strong together x x x youmemeyou x x x hate being away frm you x x x cant stop thinking of you x x x

Touching message written from the hart.

Your going to have good days and bad days but your wife and children will pull you through the bad ones. Once you get out in to the hospital you will meet others that are facing huge challenges and be spurred on by them.

Keep fighting Sean

Hey Sean, I've been keeping an eye on these threads since I first read about your accident, and I have to say man, bloody well done. For keeping your chin up, for laughing when you can and for seeing the light in a situation I'm sure very few of us can comprehend.

Your grace going through this astounds and definitely humbles me. I'm sure there will be dark times but hold onto that attitude that's coming across at the moment and you will amaze us all even more, I'm certain.

Great to read you're getting yourself in some mischief too!

As others have said, I've never met you, I don't know you, but I wish I did. You seem like a damn good bloke.

Keep it up bud.

April 7th

Love ya x

Hi SEAN wish you all the best mate from Sonia Jon

April 7th

Love ya x

Hi Sean great news the love and support is here from one and all mate we all wish you the speediest and best recovery possible man. Nothing beats the love of a good woman and you seem to have a blinder. Look forward to reading about the mischief you get Upto once your up and about. Take care dude.