My accident

sean

Friggin 'ell! That is a tragic situation Sean but I see that you still have a sense of humour and that shows great mental strength.

That's the thing that will get you through the other side of the current situation.

You mentioned that you would give us an account of how the accident happened so that others can learn from it. I wondered if that's on the cards? (Sure everyone appreciates it could be a step to far for you though).

Try to keep your chin up mate. The fact you're on here and updating us is testament to your ability to look to the bright side. Your outlook is truly humbling and makes me grumbling about little niggles completely meaningless. Please keep us updated mate.

(Oh and next time the nurses are fingers in, turn round and give them a wink instead. Positive thoughts and all that)

Sean, hiya.

I'm another fella in the industry who doesn't know you, but reading this thread wish I did. For you to write down what your now experiencing is nothing short of truly inspirational. Tears came on your description of what you saw/felt during physio. - that sort of stuff is what helps to remind us ALL the dangers of our job we too easily take for granted, believing it will happen to someone else. Thankfully after a couple of what I (and the medics )considered bad falls / f##k ups I've seen the light ,accepted my age ,and moved to milling as a job. But I still know I am and always will be an arborist !

Your story lets me know I will always be a part of one of the craziest , balls out and go for it, caring group of guys and gals anyone could ever wish to be a part of.

No matter how tough it may seem, keep up with your recovery, see it all as challenges. -if you can't get round it go over it.( I was a matador operator !!!)

Best wishes.

Shaun

Another very brave and very honest update Sean. Keep posting! As you know Arbtalk is jam packed with bloody good dudes who are all rooting for you!

I'm sure your head is a storm of thoughts and fears. Stick them in a post, because as with your recent 'intimate' experience, whatever the method of extraction, they're much better out than in!😊