The Fifty and Above Club....if you're any younger don't even think about posting.

Mick Stockbridge

Not a club I would shout about being a member of but I am 51 this year. Still fairly fit I think, started cycling this year which I find is great for fitness and done my first 100 mile ride the other week. I might be 50 but in my mind I still feel in my twentys

Not a club I would shout about being a member of but I am 51 this year. Still fairly fit I think, started cycling this year which I find is great for fitness and done my first 100 mile ride the other week. I might be 50 but in my mind I still feel in my twentys

Well done on the century ride......:thumbup1:

This is a good quote...'Never regret getting older, it's a privilege denied to many'

Cheers for that one Robert.

How old are "sprogs"?

I'm only just in the club and can find people in the 30's and 40's bloody stupid! They seem to think that because I didn't do well at school, never went to college or Uni and did treework for 18 years that I know cock all and they feel the need to do things their way! Then they find out out that my way was indeed right, that know what I'm talking about and I said what I said because it needed saying and not because I wanted to knock them down, create work or craved their attention!

As for teenagers with their civil rights etc......don't get me started

Ex wife's? Now there is another thing....

Politicians? Hurrumph!

+1 i was kicked out of school at 14 with nothing. over the years i have learnt on the job paying to go to college to get qualifications. and having worked with those who have more qualifications than hot dinners may have the brains but very little common sense. may be able to put it down in writing but when it comes to put it in action have not got a clue.

i am allways ready still to learn from those who have been there got the badge and can do the job. never to old to learn from the wise ones.

Anyone under fifty but no younger than forty four can join as a probationary member.

One rule though, don't mention that new romantic stuff you used to listen to......:laugh1:

Mick, I believe you will need to set up a sub category for members that are less than 50 chronologically but feel much older physically or otherwise:thumbup1:

Just a suggestion. BTW with all the wining about help being pretty much helpless/useless same holds true round these parts:thumbdown:.

I honestly have no idea how they function day to day at all:sneaky2:

easy-lift guy

dont know, but it seems when you hit the big 50, somebody implants an on/off switch in your bum, when I come in after a day on the mill, sit down, and it seems to switch off.......wake up a couple of hours later and wonder where its gone....lol, and I found a cure for the sprogs always on there mobile years ago.....a tri band jammer off ebay, means there phones dont work within 50yards of where I put it, its brilliant

and only drag one bit of brash THEN! watch it as it goes through the chipper

then turn around and trip over all the rubbish they've managed to drop around the chipper and still not clear it up

I have the same experience with 'em.

So annoying and as soon as they become barely competent, they ask for a pay rise then leave when I laugh in their face.

They don't realise that they've been a complete liability to my business for the last five months and actually cost me money. They think they're gods gift to my business cos they broke a sweat, twice!

BTW, I'm only on here as a probationary member but I can grumble like Victor Meldrew.

😂

Edit: I'm not 44 yet. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app.

I have the same experience with 'em.

So annoying and as soon as they become barely competent, they ask for a pay rise then leave when I laugh in their face.

They don't realise that they've been a complete liability to my business for the last five months and actually cost me money. They think they're gods gift to my business cos they broke a sweat, twice!

BTW, I'm only on here as a probationary member but I can grumble like Victor Meldrew.

😂

Edit: I'm not 44 yet. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app.

I dont believe it, 44, (looks barely out of nappies,) and hes on our thread, what is the world coming to

Having been practising since I was 35 to be a Grumpy Old Bugger, and now being 55, man-o-man have I fair got it off pat.

Hard to beat 20 years experience lads!

But that said, there bes good young-uns and bad old-uns.

P.S.

I do be amused at the young-uns seeming to be convinced that us old-uns were never young.

P.P.S.

Being involved in the Cemetery business, boy am I glad to wake up old and grumpy any morning, as said above "a priveledge denied to many"

cheers

Marcus

I only hit 40 next March but as I have already had cataract surgery and will be having a new hip within the next 12 months can i be an honorary member as i obviously have the body of a 70 year old.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk