The Fifty and Above Club....if you're any younger don't even think about posting.

Mick Stockbridge

Life's strange,

By the time you're old enough to have the know how -

You can't, not no how!

A dear friend of mine who is sadly no longer with us told me a good one he read on the back of a match box,

"By the time you can afford to lose golf balls you can't hit them very far"

Tinnitus (caused by motorbike helmet noise plus other engine noise), one hand occasional carpel tunnel problems, skin on finger tips cracked and worn. But back is good (look after it). Otherwise I have never felt better, working outside and exercise must be good for me.

The tinnitus is my worst ailment (known ones anyway) Despite always wearing helmet and muffs I'm told it was probably the spectacles that ruined the seal around my ears. It may seem trivial but I find it most distracting and annoying. Funny thing is it didn't affect my biennial medical hearing test.

Recently I've realised I can no longer do pull ups on the kitchen door frame skirting, this may be a result of my sedentary occupation now.

• Like 1

im 51 now and a lot of old rugby injuries are catching up with me now especialy shoulders, the guy who works for me now is just a bit younger than me and we get on really well, don't have to keep telling him what to do, and he leaves his mobile in the truck.

well i am 60 in 3 weeks and before i started working for myself some 4 years ago i was overweight had a bad back had sciatica and been to pain clinic which was no use. i then was redundant so needed work so became a parish lenghtman and started getting more hedgelaying. yes my back is not brill but the pain has gone nearly i fill fitter should pack up the fags have lost nearly 4 stones and outside all the time. i wish i had done it ages ago.

as for sproggs work on my own most of the time those who do work with me are ok do not use the mobile when working. but i know what its like seeing my daughter its pinned to her ear

• Like 1

How old are "sprogs"?

I'm only just in the club and can find people in the 30's and 40's bloody stupid! They seem to think that because I didn't do well at school, never went to college or Uni and did treework for 18 years that I know cock all and they feel the need to do things their way! Then they find out out that my way was indeed right, that know what I'm talking about and I said what I said because it needed saying and not because I wanted to knock them down, create work or craved their attention!

As for teenagers with their civil rights etc......don't get me started

Ex wife's? Now there is another thing....

Politicians? Hurrumph!

• Like 2

Aye

Hello Mick can I join in as I am much younger than you.

I have been developing a new range of sprog beaters,

series 1 has been developed just the right size to keep in your back pocket for occasional use.

Series 2 to stand next to the chipper suitable for all day use

You really should get on the dragons den with those sprog beaters mate. I'll be able to supply the sprog to demo on so long as I can come on and do the beating....:thumbup1: