The Fifty and Above Club....if you're any younger don't even think about posting.

Mick Stockbridge

going on 57 and loving it, never been happier, glad to wake up grumpy any morning, since in my day job I look after Cemetery admin(amongst other things) and have good cause to realize that it is indeed a luxury many do not get to enjoy.

Took me a lot of years to learn to be content, but such is life I suppose.

I even tend to get a bit philsophical re the whole "cycle of life thing", and derive more pleasure from watching nature succeed against the odds,(and even at a cost to me, bytimes) than any technological marvels.

Life is good.

Marcus

As an over fifty year old, "just about", I can't say sex is high on my list of priorities..

But I do love to chat with my customers putting the world to rights...

Nothing like a hot cup of coffee a couple of bickys and pronouncing judgement on all and sundry...

Or, by way of a change, discussing our aches an pains, those we have and those about to come...

As an over fifty year old, "just about", I can't say sex is high on my list of priorities..

But I do love to chat with my customers putting the world to rights...

Nothing like a hot cup of coffee a couple of bickys and pronouncing judgement on all and sundry...

Or, by way of a change, discussing our aches an pains, those we have and those about to come...

Your not Norris are you ? :biggrin:

Something to make you smile

The missus and me were going out for lunch with a couple of friends yesterday, in 2 cars as they were off elsewhere afterwards, pulled up behind them outside the PO, she walked to our car so wound down the window, leaning in, and yes I got a good view of the puppies, she said do you want to go the back way or the scenic way?

Whilst she was walking back to her car I said to the missus, well, it is nice for an old man to get a choice:thumbup::blushing:

Trust your dirty mind, she says

Some of these made me laugh.

Bob

As I age, I realize that:

Old age is coming at a really bad time!

I don't trip over things, I do random gravity checks!

I don't need anger management. I need people to stop pissing me off!

My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance of idiots that needs work.

The biggest lie I tell myself is "I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

I talk to myself because sometimes I need expert advice.

Sometimes I roll my eyes out loud?

When I was a child I thought nap time was punishment. Now it's like a mini vacation!

The day the world runs out of wine is just too terrible to think about!

I don't have gray hair. I have "wisdom highlights". I'm just very wise.

I like my middle finger best because it always sticks up for me!

I've lost my mind and I'm pretty sure my kids took it!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound!

Wouldn't it be great if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes; come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller!

Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven't met yet!

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would've put them on my knees.

When the kids text me "plz" which is shorter than please.

I text back "no" which is shorter than "yes".

At my age "Getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I came in there for.

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree, which makes it a plant, which means it's salad....Almost.

Lord grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can & the friends to post my bail when I finally snap and give me patience and give it to me NOW.

Something to make you smile

The missus and me were going out for lunch with a couple of friends yesterday, in 2 cars as they were off elsewhere afterwards, pulled up behind them outside the PO, she walked to our car so wound down the window, leaning in, and yes I got a good view of the puppies, she said do you want to go the back way or the scenic way?

Whilst she was walking back to her car I said to the missus, well, it is nice for an old man to get a choice:thumbup::blushing:

Trust your dirty mind, she says

Classic mate:lol: