The Fifty and Above Club....if you're any younger don't even think about posting.

Mick Stockbridge

Hope for all us old guys then.

Just been watching a pigeon at our bird feeder. It finds it difficult to land and eat on the swinging feeder, so it lands on edge of the bottom plate, scratches some seed off onto the ground then flies down and eats it. Obviously pigeons are not so daft as you might think.

Yes but how oild is the pigion ? :biggrin:

Well thats a thousand posts with all my good friends on a/t, i feel my age every morning now,am semi retired,and i only do half the work i used to, but god willing, i hope to still be around to make 2000. Tim.

2000 years old ! You got ambition I give you that :biggrin:

57. Even got a Doro phone, its the only one i can hear above the tinitis, embarassing when everyone within a hundred yards of you stares at you when it rings. Firing them artillery guns and small arms and not wearing ear defenders.

Love westerns, especially Randolph Scott, Audie Murphy and John Wayne.

Same here, except Outlaw Josey, unforgiven, Open your mouth and absorb the shock. After a shoot the barman hated us ordering. Are ya all deaf?

Same here, except Outlaw Josey, unforgiven, Open your mouth and absorb the shock. After a shoot the barman hated us ordering. Are ya all deaf?

Spent the afternnon sniifling and coughing watching John Wayne but I'd like to raise you Mcabe and Mrs Miller

Yes but how oild is the pigion ? :biggrin:

Youngster I would say.

However there is a story with these pigeons. A couple of years ago one of our regular pigeon visitors could not pitch on her leg, she still limps so easy to track. Last year her mate was caught and eaten by the hawk. So I make limpalot about 4 years old which I think is good age for a pigeon. (I thought average age is 2 years but I could be wrong)

So this bird table feed scratching pigeon must be limpalot's toy boy/gofer pigeon. Just like us sending the youngsters up the tree she waits underneath for him to scratch some food down. No point getting older if you don't get wiser even if you are a pigeon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...