Dealers guarantee

Ty Korrigan

Sound like your having a rough time with that stump grinder!!

If you have no joy getting it fixed we would be happy to look at it for you on a no fix no fee. That is if we can't find and fix the fault we won't charge you a Penney for our time ( and we charge a lot less than other dealers anyway!)

Is it a chipper, is it a mower or another broken stump grinder who cares we'll fix it!

Where are you based?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your life has thrown other stresses at you and you are focusing the blame on this dealership.

To have £20k of work and a team of men reliant on 1 truck is not ideal, if I were subbing you on a large job I'd need to know you can handle it, an excuse of a stump grinder stuck on a pickup would not be a relevant excuse for me not to get someone else and chase you for my losses.

The fault is in parts I wouldn't think are covered and I wouldn't expect a company to send a technician to a diferent country free of charge when already you have admitted a 90% improvement on a flick of a switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Sound like your having a rough time with that stump grinder!!

If you have no joy getting it fixed we would be happy to look at it for you on a no fix no fee. That is if we can't find and fix the fault we won't charge you a Penney for our time ( and we charge a lot less than other dealers anyway!)

Is it a chipper, is it a mower or another broken stump grinder who cares we'll fix it!

Now that is a great offer, can you fix my mrs for the same deal ?????

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

I feel your life has thrown other stresses at you and you are focusing the blame on this dealership.

To have £20k of work and a team of men reliant on 1 truck is not ideal, if I were subbing you on a large job I'd need to know you can handle it, an excuse of a stump grinder stuck on a pickup would not be a relevant excuse for me not to get someone else and chase you for my losses.

The fault is in parts I wouldn't think are covered and I wouldn't expect a company to send a technician to a diferent country free of charge when already you have admitted a 90% improvement on a flick of a switch.

I'm not sure he expect them to go to the machine, but would send the machine to the dealer to be sorted, the dealer has said he will be billed for the repair.

In his shoes I'd be pretty ticked off too, I have dealt this particular Co myself, but I will never deal with them again:thumbdown:and I go out of my way to discourage others from using them.

Edited by skyhuck

QUOTE Stephen Blair:

1. Only the dealership is to blame for supplying a machine with a fault.

To have £20k of work and a team of men reliant on 1 truck is not ideal,

2. Two vehicles, one of which tows the tipping trailer filched by members of the Irish Bare Knuckle Caravan Club days before.

if I were subbing you on a large job I'd need to know you can handle it, an excuse of a stump grinder stuck on a pickup would not be a relevant excuse for me not to get someone else and chase you for my losses.

3. Where do you read that I cannot handle things?

I organised a replacement vehicle for this last week so work as normal.

The previous jobs have been lost as the grinder had a fault, what could I do?

You can't just pop out and hire one here as easily as the U.K.

To make up for lost time before I have been grinding on Sundays and National Holidays in between faults also using our original and far more reliable Bandit HB20.

4. It is just as easy to get to France from Sussex as it is to Scotland.

I was willing to travel and even booked a ticket to return the machine for repair but the response from the dealer over the first round of faults was that no-one would be willing or able to meet me.

I still have that ticket to use up too.

The second time I was told that I would have to leave the machine for at least a week AND pay £55+vat per hour for a technician...nice.

Greenmech organised a technician to come out here.

Bandit organised parts to be shipped and repairs to be made out here.

Sadly, I chose to buy from the wrong company this time.

I won't make that error a second time.

I really won't.

Ty

I would ask the dealer what is covered, agree to choose an independent repair company who is closest, and get a report done.

If the fault is on the list of things that are covered, Dealer pays, if not, customer pays.

It's a stump grinder, I don't own 1 for these very reasons, especially ones with electrics.

The problem I feel is the negotiating between the 2 parties.

1 says fix it for free, the other says no.

There's a lot more room either way imo.:)

Edited by Stephen Blair

I would ask the dealer what is covered, choose an independent reaps I company who is closest, and get a report done.

If the fault is on the list of things that are covered, Dealer pays, if not, customer pays.

It's a stump grinder, I don't own 1 for these very reasons, especially ones with electrics.

The problem I feel is the negotiating between the 2 parties.

1 says fix it for free, the other says no.

There's a lot more room either way imo.:)

IMO, a decent company would diagnose the fault and then start negotiations with the client about who covers what % of the bill, IME this shower just want your cash when your buying, then wash their hands of you once the funds have cleared :thumbdown: