Dealers guarantee

Ty Korrigan

I had a 4012 which I bought off Liston down near Brighton, it was a few years old but had been looked after. When I got it home I had a few problems but I got them sorted, they told me what to look for over the phone and that was that. I feel your anger towards this lot you are dealing with now, not everyone give the service you want. Which is a shame as if it were us we would sort it. Sell it and get the bandit, its gonna be better in the long run.

Hodge

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning guys,

Yes I agree with much you write.

This machine is only a stop gap for us.

I wanted to keep it for 2-3 years to help build up the business towards a larger newer machine.

I feel like a fisherman with holes on his nets, unable to stop the catch passing through...

Always more work though coming in!

An episode like this won't sink us that is for sure but it hit me hard as Irish travellers made off with our tipping trailer and the chipper bearing going all within days of each other.

I was beginning to wonder just who I'd upset up there...

Ty

sorry to hear of your problems TY. i kind of know that feeling but for me its house issues drain problems *fortunatey not the main sewer outlet* electrical problem's water leak and a new driveway to bulid and all this 6 weeks after getting married. but one factor i havent got is children. wishing you all the best and my only advice is set a goal get your head down and blinkers on. and go at it all guns blazing. * hope that makes sense.

Morning guys,

I wanted to keep it for 2-3 years to help build up the business towards a larger newer machine.

I feel like a fisherman with holes on his nets, unable to stop the catch passing through...

An episode like this won't sink us that is for sure but it hit me hard as Irish travellers made off with our tipping trailer and the chipper bearing going all within days of each other.

Ty

Hi , I know all these things collectively add up to put you on a bit of a downer,but as your business grows things like thefts breakdowns etc happen as you get bigger more complex and expensive machinery,2 years ago I had a boom fault on a mewp £6k chipper clutch £1.5k and a quad and trailer nicked in the space of a month.

All you can do is keep your head down and carry on and have a glass or 2 of that good French wine.:thumbup1:

Morning guys,

Ty

i take it o/p steam cleaned the grinder before marketing it ,they may have got water in the electrics ,:thumbdown:

They did in fact give it the steam clean of it's life, it was clean as a whistle when we received it.

I've checked a fuse, wriggled any number of connections, squirted WD silicone electrical jollop (that worked last time and the starting/control issues almost went away)

I opened a couple of circuit boxes to find water in one of them and a lot of dirt too BUT this box has open ports for the cables to pass but no drain hole for water (A design fault not the sellers I may add)

Strange how the engine starts but only on manual not remote.

The remote controls AND the manual do not function except the tether control STOP ENGINE toggle switch...bleh!

Ty

They did in fact give it the steam clean of it's life, it was clean as a whistle when we received it.

I've checked a fuse, wriggled any number of connections, squirted WD silicone electrical jollop (that worked last time and the starting/control issues almost went away)

I opened a couple of circuit boxes to find water in one of them and a lot of dirt too BUT this box has open ports for the cables to pass but no drain hole for water (A design fault not the sellers I may add)

Strange how the engine starts but only on manual not remote.

The remote controls AND the manual do not function except the tether control STOP ENGINE toggle switch...bleh!

Ty

it would appear to be an electric fault or two ,

I know nothing of these machines. What I do know is water and electrics don't mix.

Before you go spending a load of cash take off any junction box covers and dry out thoroughly, hot air gun or the missus hair dryer should do the trick.

Where the cables go into the junction box's get some cable entry glands to stop water getting in, in the future.

Does this machine not have fault codes??

My palfinger crane had a radio control fault, there are 2 windows with digital displays, numbers flash up when the fault occurs, you simply ring the dealer with the numbers and they tell you the problem and the cost of the fix.

The 4wheel steering on my mog is exactly the same, with fault codes, etc.

Sound like your having a rough time with that stump grinder!!

If you have no joy getting it fixed we would be happy to look at it for you on a no fix no fee. That is if we can't find and fix the fault we won't charge you a Penney for our time ( and we charge a lot less than other dealers anyway!)

Is it a chipper, is it a mower or another broken stump grinder who cares we'll fix it!