stress

• 4 weeks later...

Well I got caught out yesterday, was fine when I got up and when got to yard, knew was running bit later than i wanted to be and just ended up being one of those times where suddenly one thing after another holds you up, to the point that while loading the trailer I had a really bad anxiety/panic attack, had mild ones before but this one came on sudden, splitting headache, chest pain, stomach going the lot, calmed down again after about 5-10 minutes but felt rough the rest of the day, no idea why it kicked off, guess things have been building up recently again, so after had done the job I had to do this morn, filled the saw up, turned the phone off and went down the wood for a couple of hours thinning my xmas trees which has been needing doing for at least 3 years, seems to have done the trick feeling alot better tonight :thumbup1:

Well I got caught out yesterday...

That's what I do when things pile up. Just go and do something that has been needing done for a while, stand back afterwards and admire your handy work. I like a good long stare into the middle distance as well. You are obviously on the right track when you are able to manage these attacks in this way. When I do these little niggly jobs that I have been putting off it feels like a bigger achievement. :thumbup1:

• 4 months later...

Morning.

I'm just off out to grind a couple of stumps after signing at the bank for a business loan.

For 2 weeks now I have been fretting about whether I want to get in any deeper with my business associate.

As I write, I have mild anxiety that is manifesting itself as butterflies in the stomach, shakey hands, a feeling I want to cry but can't and sleepiness.

This is all down to an accumulation of events that have nibbled away at my self esteem recently.

I'm fine generally when I'm fully occupied but the moment I stop down it comes like grey blanket.

At time I feel truly frightened like a cornered animal that just wants to run.

Last week my business partner shouted and put me down in front of his family over a trivial matter. Not the first time and it won't be the last I'm sure. I delayed the signing of the loan until this morning to give myself time for reflection. This only made my business partner more angry as he had to fend off the Solicitor and seller.

The more angry he becomes the more reticent I.

Anyway...that's all for now. I had to get it off my chest.

Ty

So is the loan to get out off or invest into the partnership? Sounds like a common thing comes up again and again that we all need to have some get away from it or switch off time to survive the stress that running a business brings. Keep thinking about starting swimming again as used to be quite competitive in my late teens early twenty and found an hour in the pool could pass in what felt like 10min as I'd switch of completely and just swim.

Some of you might know my 2yo son has been very ill for the last year with a metabolic disorder that he will have for life and although a special diet is keeping him ok the not knowing when he will be ill and hospitalised again and how long he will be in for and how bad is starting to show, always watching for little tell tale signals is making normal life hard. On top of that my mum's Alzheimers has reached the point she don't know who I am most of the time.

Going to have to do something as starting to get more and more snappy with those most dear to me because of the stress and worry.

I've only been in business for half a year and i already feel stressed out. I'm working 11-12 hour days at least 6 days a week. Then on my day off i end up doing paperwork anyway. Its like i can't get away from it. I'm young, only 22 so maybe i've taken on too much to quick? I employ someone full time at the moment and we have plenty of work.

I also feel a bit anxious at jobs, worried that i'll miss something or leave something behind so i end up checking my work and everything before i leave.

Just thought i'd post it up!!

James.