Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

17 hours ago, william127 said:

What model Digga is it please Dan?  Cheers

Hi mate

Dd1 I believe, it was the smallest they did, it hasnt stopped yet and just smashes through the flint. It is slow, but far quicker than by hand

Edited by dig-dug-dan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A lot less, the old saying grease is cheaper than metal might just be at a tipping point, having priced my regular 500g grease cartridges this week.😱

You get used to when machines need grease, not everything needs the same amount at the same time on a regular basis, hence you might do the bucket pins even twice a day, yet the arm every second day.

Slew rings are important, little and often and get someone to slew the machine every 90 degrees to grease it around the circumference if there’s no extra grease points piped on it.

So many on larger machines don’t know to put a couple of cartridges of grease inside the slew ring every 500hrs via the access plate between the boom rams, you never see this facility on smaller machines.

Wipe the excess off before greasing, gives a good opportunity to check hoses etc as you go around, and if some pins are just oozing out, then back them off on the greasing a bit.

Grease isn’t metal, if it’s worn and needs pins, the grease will be gone in minutes, so sort it out and save the waste of grease.

If it’s on self drive, grease it at the bottom of the low loader ramps when they collect it!😉😂

• Haha 2

cool thanks for the replies, we have a machine on long term hire, we have a small grab for it to help on tree jobs plus we have a ton of large root ball trees to plant with it.

its a newish machine so i just wanted to do the right thing for it, is normal bearing grease okish?  also are those special lock on grease gun heads good? i always seem to get grease all over myself!! :(

thanks carl

On 01/12/2022 at 20:56, carlos said:

cool thanks for the replies, we have a machine on long term hire, we have a small grab for it to help on tree jobs plus we have a ton of large root ball trees to plant with it.

its a newish machine so i just wanted to do the right thing for it, is normal bearing grease okish?  also are those special lock on grease gun heads good? i always seem to get grease all over myself!! :(

thanks carl

I’ve tried various grease gun heads and found the G coupler the best and easiest to clamp on and off,

a bit pricey but saves time and mess.

• Like 2