Chris and Paul's "Bang Tidy" thread.

silky fox

Let the lad make his own decisions/ mistakes! He'll soon learn. This could turn out to be the best decision he'll ever make!!

It's doubtful I know.

1.5hrs each way! that !

Edited by Stephen Blair

Seems to me young Connor doesn't know how lucky he is , there's not many firms that would have him at such an advanced stage in such a short time . Paul is always saying how well he's doing too .

Good lads are always in demand and hard to find , so I'm sure he has something lined up , I hope it works out for him and you Chris , you certainly are getting it rough right now .

All the best to you .

Gotta say that, even though he might have a cracking job at the moment, 1.5hrs travel each way, even on public transport, is quite a bit. I know a few people who have jacked in their jobs due to the high travel time. Work it out on a weekly basis the amount of time he actually loses and this may well be the deciding factor. Yes, he might well regret it later but maybe not. I agree with a couple of the other comments; move on but, if he's half decent, keep in touch. Sometimes when you're young (as I stated on another thread) you don't always think first if at all. I do have a little sympathy for him.

Fair enough travel of this length is a ball ache but there are other options like the train which will not only SMASH the bus travel time but I also offered to pay his train fair.

After another night of sleeping on it I can't control peoples decisions therefore what will be will be. I can only try and advise to the best of my knowledge and on this occasion unfirtunatly things haven't gone the way that I would have liked.

I have just lost my wife and daughter for half the week, moved house over Christmas so if I can survive this loosing Connor is just a blip in my happy sailing in the Bang Tidy.

I interviewed a freelance climber last night who is very keen to be on board, I am also in dealings with a veteran of20 years in the industry who is looking to 're locate back to his old stomping ground of 'The North East'!

Maybe he wants to work somewhere where a personal decision he has made made will not be broadcast to all and his motives bought into question and debated by strangers.

I find the way this young lad is being discussed very distasteful.

Conner you must do whats right for you, please don't think think the views expressed in the last few pages represent every one, they certainly don't, good look in the future :thumbup1:

Maybe he wants to work somewhere where a personal decision he has made made will not be broadcast to all and his motives bought into question and debated by strangers.

I find the way this young lad is being discussed very distasteful.

Conner you must do whats right for you, please don't think think the views expressed in the last few pages represent every one, they certainly don't, good look in the future :thumbup1:

I think we think we have got to know Connor through reading this thread in the past and seeing him progress with the bang tidy team, I don't think anyone has been debating him in a bad way just discussing what we have read on here. Surely if something is put on a forum its open for discusion? I think Chris has been hurt by this and has aired his feelings as maybe he has nobody to talk to at home. I thought we were a community that help each other?

• Like 1