Chris and Paul's "Bang Tidy" thread.

silky fox

that IMO is one step short of internet bullying,

No one on here is bullying him, no one has slagged Connor off, people are merely voicing opinions, which they have done on quite a few threads on arbtalk about employees.

The problem is how all the comments are coming across (whether you intend them to or not)

I doubt you have any idea of what may have led up to recent employment decisions, what pressures people are under, or how much sole searching they have done.

anyway, in regard to all of this chapter, best of luck to all the lads, but "I'm out".

Edited by Mat

The reason behind my post was to hopefully show Connor that travelling into work for an hour in the morning and at night isn't really a big issue as it would be for such a short time. Also to get someoutside advice (from here) to how important a good apprenticeship is in this industry especially in the North of England due to the amount if small businesses opperating here. Granted Connor can make his own decissions, all I wanted to do before he made his final decision to leave was to ensure fir his sake he was doing the rite thing. There are so many good companies out there who could offer him the same as I have and probably more but that said after seeing his ability I would hate him to go to 'budget tree surgeons' just because they are located closer to him expecting to get the same deal.

Connor is his own person and free to do as he wishes, I have always put his best interest first. I want the best for him who ever he works for and he knows that.

I don't know how much as an apprentice conner gets paid but its probably not that good

and like all youngsters he's more than likely been tempted by more money and less traveling

he will earn more as a brash monkey if that's what he is doing than as an apprentice

and he may at some time realise that he may have made a mistake possibly

I would bet that most people on here have been swayed by the pound signs over making the more sensible decision in life

i know i have on more than one occasion

Dont see what the big fuss is, people come amd people go no one is irreplaceable. I have 1 apprentice on at the moment and 1 collage work experience lad both are v good workers and get a go at most things, good jobs and bad but if they said tomorrow they were leaving so be it, its a pain but thats life.

How do you know he wont get a job like he has now, the there's plenty of good firms around.

Dont see what the big fuss is, people come amd people go no one is irreplaceable. I have 1 apprentice on at the moment and 1 collage work experience lad both are v good workers and get a go at most things, good jobs and bad but if they said tomorrow they were leaving so be it, its a pain but thats life.

How do you know he wont get a job like he has now, the there's plenty of good firms around.

maybe some one of here's employed him

we keep getting told how good he is

he's been praised up enough

and he's got a nice little portfolio on the bang tidy thread

Ian there is no atmosphere at work at all, and I totally agree that everybody is replaceable. I think a lot of you have picked up on this the wrong way and nit how it was intended. I was showing my concerns for his future, yes I admit I am shocked at his decission as all he ever wanted to do was climb and make the mess, we trained him up and got the best out of him. I thought he was so happy and had found his passion.