That's me out.....

Rich2484

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on codeine- pretty halucinogenic.

When that happens the hospitals put you on tramadol and paracetamol.

My advice would be osteopath.

Try Julian Drion at the Family Wellness Centre Sandgate- he may well fix you in one. He's helped quite a few I know.

Can you pm me some details please.

Just taken the first lot of drugs. So I will be out of it soon.

Oh and it also means I'm off the lifeboat, even tho I'm not signed off by a doctor I can't go out on the diazepam. :thumbdown:

Mmmmm. Not good.

I suffer from crushed and prolapsed disks and these flare up from time to time. I did my back in lifting a stone fireplace when I was 23 and had many days in bed from that day on. Lifting things in the wrong position and if these are too heavy doesn't help.

I had a good Osteopath to visit. They will also show you some excersizes to help. You will have to look for one that suits you. I found that small people couldn't do me as I'm over 6' and too big to manipulate easily.

At 54 now I try to keep the lifting easy which is difficult. I also hire in younger folk if I can, this helps as I get a two man lift or they do the work for me:001_tongue:

Another thing I have noticed as I have got older; As the daylight hours increase in springtime the work-load piles up, expectations are higher and one tends to work longer days. Bang! the old back goes. In my case two days AFTER I have done something so I have to think......How did I do that.

Recently it was moving a 55mm Grundomat mole and all its bits and bobs into and out of a hole, before and after use.

Five days incapacitated!:thumbdown:

You will hear that you will have to go easy.....That's bl**dy difficult but you really must try to, take it from the worst invalid....:biggrin:

codlasher

Edited by codlasher

Dump the quack and go to a chiropractor, osteopath or some such. I slipped 2 discs many years ago and the occasionally still give me grief. Quack always said pain killers and anti-inflammatory tablets, this time I went to a chiropractor and he told me that it wasn't a muscle but discs and trapped nerve, and manipulation was the key.

I have suffered from back issues for many years, it's in the genes and being over 6' doesn't help. My tips are: -

Ibuprofen - anti inflamatory to get the swelling down

Keep mobile - getting straight is the first issue as you have a tendency to stoop and that messes up your stomach muscles - see point 3:thumbup:

lay on your front with your arms folded under your chin and try to force your upper body upwards with your pelvis still touching the floor - like a bad pressup - this gets the back arching the correct way, improves flexibillity and gets you upright.

Another exercise - get on all fours, arch your back downwards and rock back and forth - like a humping dog and then arch your back upwards and downwards a few times - this does the same as above.

The last thing I have done is improved core strength - I really suffered standing in front of a bench for 8 hrs so started doing sit ups - 5 then 10, then 15 - now do 25 - 30 a night and it has had a very positive effect - I havent had serious or even bad twinges for a year and a half - that IMO is damn good.

I can now spend hours in the workshop - no issues:thumbup:

There you go - you did ask and get better soon:thumbup:

Another exercise - get on all fours, arch your back downwards and rock back and forth - like a humping dog and then arch your back upwards and downwards a few times - this does the same as above.

Get your missus involved, kill 2 birds with but 1 stone :biggrin:

Oh regards my earlier post about driving...its worth noting if you were to have an accident your insurance likely wouldn't pay up and all sorts of poop could hit the fan.

Cheers people.

Will be looking into the osteo and stuff. Not sure on the ibuprofen. The doc offered that but I can't remember if I'm allergic to it. So he gave me some other ones. Naproxen.

Anyway I'm sure the diazepam is starting to kick in. Feeling very lathargic and starting to not worry about the pain much.

Going to have a hot bath. By the time I'm done there I will probably be ready for bed. Giving the pillows a miss aswell.

Sleep on my front anyway with my arms under my head.

Think the most pain is in my leg than my back now.

Might swing it past the missis and get one of them Asian girls to walk over me...... :lol:

Anyway thanks again all. Arbtalk is not always about trees and seems to get very usefull advice on pretty much anything. :thumbup:

Will look into local osteo in my area tomoz. Not got any serious stuff booked in until Thursday.

Still after last week of none stop work it will be nice to just relax a bit and do nothing.