That's me out.....

Rich2484

Get your missus involved, kill 2 birds with but 1 stone :biggrin:

Oh regards my earlier post about driving...its worth noting if you were to have an accident your insurance likely wouldn't pay up and all sorts of poop could hit the fan.

Yeah that's also why I can't go lifeboat for a while. Not ins if I get hurt as I'm on a prescribed hard (ish) drug.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's also why I can't go lifeboat for a while. Not ins if I get hurt as I'm on a prescribed hard (ish) drug.

What strength diazepam do you have? They don't really give it in large doses these days. Think mine were 5mg ones...which I took for neck ache, it was the only thing that would touch it.

btw, you know diazepam is basically prozac right? They are very nervous about handing it out these days.

No I did not know that. Ad won't be telling the missis either. Wouldn't get a moments peace. :lol:

Yeah 5mg twice a day. Hae read all about the dependency that can come form these. Also a it of a worry.

I was never on it long enough to really notice any of that...I literally took it when the pain flared up...maybe 3 days at a time, then might not have it again for a few weeks.

I sympathise with you done the same few years ago prescribed ora morph only thing that helped pain then got a tens machine (preggie woman get them) but as spud said lie on your stomach force your pelvis on the bed and push up as far as you can with your arms then let yourself down repeat a few times

I had a bad back once.

I'm immune now.:001_tongue::001_tongue:

Try Magnesium oil for the long term, seems to hold off the worst of the aches and pains.

Also, I bought one of those memory foam mattresses a couple of years ago.

Bloody expensive, but worth every penny.

Find a good chiropractor, used to suffer badly from a bad back, used to give up every 3 months or so and my chiro always got me back working within 2-3 days BUT get to one quickly, the long you leave it the longer the recovery.

I agree 100% with a visit to a chiropractor as quick as possible.

About 10 years back I woke up on a Thursday morning and couldn't move, it took 2 painkillers just to sit up in bed. Went to a chiropractor that afternoon, the Friday and Saturday and went back to work on the Monday !

Possibly a different problem but my back will often lock up and go into spasm.

I can't take ibuprofen or aspirin so I have diaz when really bad and dihydrocodine for pain relief. Anything morphine based will make you well constipated so drink plenty.

After many trips to the doc I was referred to a physio. If your muscles are going into spasm you need to try and work them rather than keeping still. She recommended hot compresses rather than cold as you want to warm the muscles to help relax them.

If you can picture this, stand up straight, legs apart slightly. left arm at your side try to stretch sideways reaching down side of left leg, short bursts stretching further each time, say four or five tries and then repeat on the other side.

Helps me anyways, I hope you get back to it quickly.

Si

Think the most pain is in my leg than my back now.

That sounds very much like nerves running down the spine - in my case I did this by dead-lifting a boat engine over a doorstep. Big twanging feeling in my leg, following day I couldn't bend.

I used a chiropractor, who helped a lot.

Another exercise to add to Spud's list - all of which look familiar, particularly if you find the dog-humping exercise does more harm than good (which it did in my case, and no we have a cat rather than a dog and no I wasn't doing that before anyone asks....) is to lie on your back and gently lift your pelvis upwards. It's a swivelling action - nothing should actually lift off the ground. It doesn't feel like you are doing anything, but done 20 times every morning it builds up core strength in a really gentle way.

Alec