To Mog or not to Mog, that is the question....

richy_B

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you owned a mog before?

After just seeing The new Die Hard movie, it only reinforced my love of Mogs!:thumbup:

John mc Lean ramming a Zetros and then flipping it over half a dozen cars, that's cooler than Batmans on a zombies shoulders tobogganing :lol:

Grey area, no!

Fantastic machine that is built for multi purpose jobs, yes it is!!!

Never owned (thank goodness) but lived with several; hated them - hopeless in the real muck and just money money money down the drain drain drain. Best as a stationary engine running a chipper. What is cool about that? Arbs thinking they get noticed in them - sad.

U900 as a timber skidder was a pretty capable off road machine I thought... My dad always raved about some of the 87 storm beech he pulled out with one.

What mogs have you worked with tcdm ?

I have seen a few get stuck but they were not on agri tyres which IMO sort of defeats there purpose as having off road ability.

Cheers for the comments, seems to be a mixed though.

I like the idea of a 6X6 (or 8X8) hook loader with a hiab and grab. Hadn't even considered that and I've never seen that combo about/for sale. Anyone got any pics/links?

Also as mentioned the advantage that if one breaks down you can still limp on with the other.

In regards the MOG, I am unsure about the feasibility of an AGRI status but didn't intend to use red in it. I'd, of course, like to but VOSA are pretty hot on it around West London and regularly do commercial 'check points' on the major roads. I just wouldn't want the headache/anxiety of it all the time.

Never owned (thank goodness) but lived with several; hated them - hopeless in the real muck and just money money money down the drain drain drain. Best as a stationary engine running a chipper. What is cool about that? Arbs thinking they get noticed in them - sad.

UNIMOG.......Do my balls look big in this?