What would you do

NoRush

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A while ago I cleared up some wood for a local tree person. I went on site and cleared it from where it had been felled. There was about 4ish tonne. We had aggreed a price but found i couldn't pay on the day as most of me customers payed by check but woud pay him the following morning. His reply was " YOU DONT WANT TO BE OWING ME MONEY".

Now i'd never met this person, untill then, but a chap who was working with him knew me well and he knew alot of people i have worked for and i always pay what i owe.

Should i have told him where to stick it and that if he steps on my property he may have more than a dog chasing him or pay him smile and never deal with him again or pay him and deal with him again hoping his attitude will change. (what he lacks in height he makes up in mouth)

You say 'a while ago' you cleared this wood.

My question is then why haven't you paid him? That was the agreement if I'm not mistaken.

I can see both sides and yes steve and felix you are right. But he knew who i was where i lived so i wasn't going to stuff him over. Its just his attitude that got to me

Some people are just naturally arsey. You found out easy so finish the deal and don't bother with him again. Let somebody else put up with the snotty attitude. :001_cool:

A while ago I cleared up some wood for a local tree person. I went on site and cleared it from where it had been felled. There was about 4ish tonne. We had aggreed a price but found i couldn't pay on the day as most of me customers payed by check but woud pay him the following morning. His reply was " YOU DONT WANT TO BE OWING ME MONEY".

Now i'd never met this person, untill then, but a chap who was working with him knew me well and he knew alot of people i have worked for and i always pay what i owe.

Should i have told him where to stick it and that if he steps on my property he may have more than a dog chasing him or pay him smile and never deal with him again or pay him and deal with him again hoping his attitude will change. (what he lacks in height he makes up in mouth)

Do you bag your shopping at tesco and then tell the girl on the till you will pay tomorrow?? or fill your car with fuel and do the same???:confused1:

Surely the time to ask if was OK to pay tomorrow was before timber was moved, not after.

You say 'a while ago' you cleared this wood.

My question is then why haven't you paid him? That was the agreement if I'm not mistaken.

Did you pay him? I'd smile when you do and then never use him again. No sense wasting time and getting stressed.

I have to pay for everything up front!

Dosent matter what you are buying or from who everybody wants cash up front!

I hate it when people say can I pay you tomorrow or can I pay next week when they say this I always hear in my mind can i pay on the tenth of never!

Just pay up front there's cash points all over the place in every town in the country so cash is available

I don't come over arsey like the guy in question I just advise that I would prefer payment up front or a deposit to secure the deal & then settle the rest of the bill on collection!

If you don't like the guys attitude just pay what you owe & don't deal with him again!

Like most things in life it is easily sorted!!!