What would you do

NoRush

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mendip i'm not upset its just bothers me. Or did. You dont treat someone like crap the first time you meet them. Or am i wrong. The last comment was for richardwale not you mendip. Would that be the real stuff cloudy and in plastic containers

Edited by NoRush

A tree bloke using direct language that could be taken as threatening? Whatever next!

He probably meant that he didnt want you to be owing him any money, i.e. he would have preffered to have been paid straight away from someone he has never met.

Thicker skin or fatter wallet required me thinks. Dont expect tree blokes to be all wordy and say the right things to make you feel better, it rarely (never) happens.

Back to the OP if I may. I'm not a big fan of deals changing once they have been made. I'm sure many on here will see themselves as honest chaps and through there daily dealings there is some leverage over payment terms with some people.

Unfortunately there are too many people who break promises and if you had been stung a few times you would be very wary of anyone changing deals.

I wouldn't let it get to you. If you mix in similar circles or bump into him buy him pint. A simple gesture might be all that is needed. If I found myself in a situation like that (which is highly unlikely as personally I would have paid him as soon as I was finished) I would apologise to him and sympathise with his predicament.

Best solution is not attract these kind of situations from occurring in the first place.

Think what would have happened if you had paid him on time.

Times are changing, attitudes are changing, people are getting ruder as they get away with it. On a daily basis I find myself shaking my head and thinking did he/she just say/do that. I blame tv for alot of this especially the soaps as it teaches people to be ruder to each other with no comeback.

A bit like on here.

Take care of yourself and each other!!!!