What would you do

NoRush

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the girly side quite the opposite. But unlike some i can control my temper. I just dont like dealing with people who treat me like crap. (No payment time was mentioned) and as for some who do the same on here it means nothing, you are just a name without a face

If no pyament time was mentioned then there is no payment time! Simple as that, payment is required instantly becuase no payment time has been discussed.

You certainly dont discuss the payment time after you've loaded the wood!

Im trying to get my head around this thread.

So, you cleaned up some wood for him, I presume you mean logs. Unsure why you would pay someone to clean up brash/branches.

The reason being you wanted the timber for some other purpose, hence why you payed for it.

Ok, so was the clearance part of his job, therefore enabling him to get paid by his client?

If so, he may be working on credit and was keen to get his invoice in, and was relying on your money (cash)to pay for;maybe, his truck to be welded, new set chipper blades for tomorrows job, Chains for extraction of tomorrows timber, red diesel for forwarder or mog (some places only accept cash for red diesel around coventry)

You cleared the wood for him, but when it came to payment you said can i pay you tomorrow. If that was me and this was my first dealing with you, id have said to be honest mate I would appreciate the money now as I dont expect nor do credit from clients. He was given no prior warnig that you couldnt pay him till another date, it really isnt his fault that you were payed in cheques.

If this situation arose again, I would recommend a phone call prior to collecting the last load and so ''bill,bob,john or joe, whatever his name was, i am going to struggle to get the money to you tonight, so if you would rather i can collect the rest tomorrow when i have had to either a. go the cash point at several opportunities withdrawing max within 24 hours then repeating till full amount obtained, or b. collect from bank direct. The likelihood being that he will say, no worries ted, thanks for the concern, come collect it and we'l sort it when we can.

Its called pre-conditioning, it happens in many aspects of life, you do not realise you do it, but you do. Some would say its also downright bloody manners. but theyre being 'moody'haha...

THe other twist is that he was having you at it, playing you up, incinuating that 'ooooh, im nuts i am, you dont wana be owing me' maybe it was his way of hiding a genuine feeling of being unamused that a stranger known only to him through associate thought it fine to not pay for something at the time of purchase as it was inconvenient for him to go the bank as he had expected cash from his own customers, but got cheques.

If i have got this completely wrong then I apologise, but if you consider that he also is in a recession, a bit of slack his end may be warranted by you.

Best post I've read in a while!!

What i asked is in the title WHAT WOULD YOU DO. Its quite simple. Because some of you have been screwed over in the past does not mean we are all the same and as for the lack of answering a stright forward question from some you should get a job in politics :banghead:

What i asked is in the title WHAT WOULD YOU DO. Its quite simple. Because some of you have been screwed over in the past does not mean we are all the same and as for the lack of answering a stright forward question from some you should get a job in politics :banghead:

Paid the guy before I drove off with his logs, certainly wouldn't have taken the piss like you did with someone I'd never met before.

You wouldn't go to mates pub and ask to pay at a later date after sinking a few would you?

Ok, what would I have done? If I was you I would have made sure I discussed payment before I had everything loaded.

If I was the other guy? I'd probably let you take it IF I had enough proof of who you were, where you lived etc and my first impressions of you were good but if you had the same attitude as you have developed over the last few posts I'd would have told you to unload everything and found someone else to deal with.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Id have paid the bloke, or collected the wood another day when I had the money or discuss the payment time up front!! Thats what we've all been saying we would do all along, no ones hiding their opinions on this, especially the bloke who wanted paying!!

What I wouldnt have done is mentioned such a pointless thing on an international arb forum.

Simple... no cash = no timber I think that's pretty clear? Once you've been bitten once you learn not to trust , to do so risks getting bitten again. That would be stupid. Enough time wasted on this discussion.

As per pretty much everyone, I'd have paid the man. My customers pay me when i deliver, I pay my suppliers when they deliver, everyone's happy.

Had I put myself in the embarrassing situation you put yourself in where you'd loaded the product but hadn't the tin to pay for it (which I wouldn't) I'd probably have appologised profusely and left my driving licence and watch with the guy overnight as security and returned first thing with the cash and some beer money on top for dicking him about.