A MOG and A Run in with VOSA !!!!

i had twin tanks on my mog one with red one with white & a manual change over valve in the cab!

was running on white on the road then when get on site change over to red so my filters will have been stained!!

i think they would be hard pressed to prove what diesel i was running on & where!!!

I dont think they need to prove what & where. It would be up to you to prove your innocence.

I am sure that using twin tanks is prohibited in the rebated fuel regs to prevent just this thing.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so then , effectively all i need to do is not carry chip on the mog while on the road ?

you need to watch you distance from home.

the restricted o licence is easy enough to comply with so why not?

use it as a selling point with your customers!

Just two things to say

1 if driving an HGV out side the EU = red outside white inside so twin tanks ok

2 as for taco i some times drive an hgv for the local council no taco used just a driver's

log book unless you go out of the county so if you can use this then what is the "o" licence going to do ?

you need to watch you distance from home.

the restricted o licence is easy enough to comply with so why not?

use it as a selling point with your customers!

The only problem that we see with the O licence is that in doing this ALL drivers must have hgv2 etc etc , this is where by doing so you are accepting that the mog is a lorry and not an ag spec machine , We hope that the solicitors will find a way to enable us to register as engineering plant or mobile plant , however this wil restrict the activities of moving the chip once i have chipped the debris that i had bought , so all in all i may well sell the mog and get a rather large valtra twin track !!!!!

I wonder how it stands if i give the chip to a farmer for cattle bedding ? that way im not making a profit form it and it is agricultural based

Doobin, yes technology is replacing the workers, automated tractors could be here as soon as next year!! Believe trials ongoing this year with view to commercial launch next year depending how it goes this year. Can you tell me which generation is likely to be good with latest technology?? Am sure you will agree its the current generation, I am 33 and am struggling at times with technology in agriculture its progressing at such a rate its too quick!

Sorry for the derail and congratulations on your latest arrival. :)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

When I first started on a farm at the age of 7 its was mf135 and David browns with non sync gearboxes..... The good old days. Oh and the two furrow plough.

After college a started back at another farm and it was John deeres with 7 furrow ploughs. Now it's auto pilot combines that actually don't need a driver if only to go around the edge of the field once to mark it out on the computer and the combine does the rest. And if you have the auto on the tractors (the big yellow dome thing on the top for those that havnt seen it yet) the combine and tractor will even communicate with each other and tell the tractor when it wants unloading.

Tractors also have the auto pilot in them now, and after a few minutes of setting up the computer the tractor will do all the work, I.e ploughing. The new jcb 7000 series tractors have auto and semi auto gearboxes that can be set to go into certain gears and speeds also sync with the diffs to engage at either certain wheel slip % or how far the front wheels have turned left or right. The operator can also set the spool valves to go off at certain times. So when ploughing you can set the box up to.

A. Lift the plough at the end of a run when the wheels are turned.

B. set the spool valve assembly to turn the plough over.

C. Set the diffs to engage when you have turned.

D. Set the arms to drop the plough in and change gears and engine revs to match the ideal speed and power to plough like the pro.

So yes tech has caught up a lot on farming and is also continuing to do so at a great rate of knots.

Sorry big derail over the mog thing.

Congrats on your new arrival :thumbup:

Your doing the best thing visiting the transport guru.

No-one here has the answer YET

If its ag you can only carry tools on board

MOGs useless as ag spec in arb unless reg as a lorry and compliant with the relevant laws.

Forestry is another thing.

Unless you want to risk having the book thrown at you. You can carry on and

Hope you don't get caught .a bit like our traveller friends.

Saying that You may find loop holes but no one has come up with any on here so far.

Just the same old points but nothing in stone and everyone reads things as they want to see them with regards to laws and to be honest most of it is written in double Dutch

Good luck with the solicitor and keep us posted FINGERS CROSSED