A MOG and A Run in with VOSA !!!!

i had twin tanks on my mog one with red one with white & a manual change over valve in the cab!

was running on white on the road then when get on site change over to red so my filters will have been stained!!

i think they would be hard pressed to prove what diesel i was running on & where!!!

as per the haulage as i understand it (which might not be right) is that the machine can go to site do its job but not carry materials there (you could carry say a mini digger there as thats classed as equipment to do the job) & then on the homeward bound journey you can carry home the timber from a forestry job back to your yard! as that is classed as forestry & there for can also run on red diesel! (but we are not debating that)

but you can not move timber from your yard to a customers yard as that is classed as haulage & requires an o licence!

that above could be totally wrong but it is what i have been told is how the unclear laws regarding this mater stand & is how i worked when i had my mog!

i was never stopped so can not be sure i was right!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmm

not sure on this one, reading the ag rules i can transport my own materials uptp a distance of 25 miles from base. without expemtion.

If this rule you are saying of 1.5kms then every tractor in the country would need an O licence.

Also i know for fact you can use a vehicle over 3.5t witout O licence and using tacho because we had to look into regarding a MEWP we had , it was ok as long as it was driven by a member of a working party to and from working site and less than 2 hours if i remember! If i was employed to drive vehicle then i would need an O licence!!

None of that makes sense, the criteria for O licencing has nothing to do with who is driving the vehicle, in fact MEWPS are exempt from O licencing

A unimog is not allowed to be out on private tree work etc on white dev and free tax , if it's got a chip body take it off and just use it as a tractor , even then this is a little grey , of a jcb is driving from one site to the other with sand in its bucket then the law has been broken