A MOG and A Run in with VOSA !!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can see what you mean , but surely if it is made clear that the paid job is to take the tree down only there is no reward in chipping the brash ? of course i love chipping so i wild be following my guys round chipping anything i could lol just a shame i could not charge for it

i really can not see that every mog user runs their mog on an o licence

I don’t think you are going to get away with it particularly since they seem to know who you are and what you are doing

Not every mog will need to comply with road haulage regulations but those running haulage will. It will take a while but eventually they will catch up with everyone, I am sure there are plenty still winging it on red but those days are coming to an end and so will the running without complying with road haulage regulations.

Consider yourself the tip of the sword:thumbdown:

so if i run my mog on the road but do not fill it with chip what so ever i can get away with no O licence but put any chip in it and im going to need one ? thankfully i have an appointment in exeter with allegedly the counties solicitors in transport law , with a bit of luck they will have it sorted , what baffals me is that a road sweeper does not need on o licence and other than the fact it does not chip it practically does the same job !!!

the other interesting thing is that an ag mog is exempt from plaiting and testing and exempt from drivers having to have hgv2 !! so what really is an o licence going to do ? not a fat lot really

so if i run my mog on the road but do not fill it with chip what so ever i can get away with no O licence but put any chip in it and im going to need one ? thankfully i have an appointment in exeter with allegedly the counties solicitors in transport law , with a bit of luck they will have it sorted , what baffals me is that a road sweeper does not need on o licence and other than the fact it does not chip it practically does the same job !!!

the other interesting thing is that an ag mog is exempt from plaiting and testing and exempt from drivers having to have hgv2 !! so what really is an o licence going to do ? not a fat lot really

Like I said before registration is subordinate to use, the plain fact is that if you are using the mog for something that is otherwise a road haulage job, they can throw the book at you

they've been bleating about Mogs for decades...anything to stop a bloke working, eh?. I ran one for 5 or 6 years and never had any problems....just more obstacles for us to overcome I guess....

how often is yr mog checked over and seviced ,by a compitent person ,you have a duty of care to make sure the mog is road worthy @ all times

how often is yr mog checked over and seviced ,by a compitent person ,you have a duty of care to make sure the mog is road worthy @ all times

I have to ensure that it is road worthy , i do not need to have it inspected as i do not opperate an o licence , and as said before , vosa have accepted that a mog is a forestry vehicle and is exempt from plaiting and testing

That only applies to o licence... checked on time scale or mileage...

Ag vehicle has to be road worth yes. But checks are left o owner and not specified like above.

they've been bleating about Mogs for decades...anything to stop a bloke working, eh?. I ran one for 5 or 6 years and never had any problems....just more obstacles for us to overcome I guess....

You are quite right and the wheels of state grind slowly but inexorably, statute law moves at glacial speed but red is now a thing of the past, moving forward those engaged in haulage will have to comply with all the rules.

Its not so much about stopping a bloke working, mogs make up a vocal but tiny proportion of vehicles in tree work. It can be done with a mog obeying the rules and it can be done without a mog, I know because I have done both.