A MOG and A Run in with VOSA !!!!

Hi guys.

Im looking for some advice !!! we have been contacted by VOSA who tell me that they are interested in the running of my U1600AG UniMog , the kind Gent seems to think that we should be running our mog on an operators licence as the vehicle is used for haulage !!! i assured the gent that it was not used for haulage as the unimog is dedicated for chipping and that the vehicle is only used for chipping . this conversation went of for some time in which i was told that if i didnt accept what the gent was saying then simply he would catch me on the road and take me to court !!! Has anyone had any experience of such a situation with a unimog and would anyone care to give me some pointers please ?? this truly was the last thing i needed on monday morning after my partner gave birth to our firs child in the early hours of the morning , a day of joy and happiness was ruined by the "gent" from vosa .

Many Thanks

Dave

oh and before this possibly descends into a discussion about the colour of diesel we run the mog on white to ensure such questions can be cleared up quickly with customs !! that being said if the mog is off road working for weeks at a time it is then run on red and re filled with white before going back onto the public highway !

Thanks Again

Dave

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mog is registered as AG and was produced in the factory as an AG mog , the guy is genuine but would appear the he is lacking in knowledge and simply trying to justify making me go for an O licence , im really hoping that some of the mog owners can shed some light on this as the mog is currently sat in our yard to ensure we dont upset mr VOSA any more

Hi guys.

Im looking for some advice !!! we have been contacted by VOSA who tell me that they are interested in the running of my U1600AG UniMog , the kind Gent seems to think that we should be running our mog on an operators licence as the vehicle is used for haulage !!! i assured the gent that it was not used for haulage as the unimog is dedicated for chipping and that the vehicle is only used for chipping . this conversation went of for some time in which i was told that if i didnt accept what the gent was saying then simply he would catch me on the road and take me to court !!! Has anyone had any experience of such a situation with a unimog and would anyone care to give me some pointers please ?? this truly was the last thing i needed on monday morning after my partner gave birth to our firs child in the early hours of the morning , a day of joy and happiness was ruined by the "gent" from vosa .

Many Thanks

Dave

oh and before this possibly descends into a discussion about the colour of diesel we run the mog on white to ensure such questions can be cleared up quickly with customs !! that being said if the mog is off road working for weeks at a time it is then run on red and re filled with white before going back onto the public highway !

Thanks Again

Dave

Someone told me that red diesel dyes the filters and therefore it would be hard to argue the case if the vehicle was tested to such depths. Are you safe running white and red at certain times in this sense.

I know that this is not your issue, but just a question on this particular issue.

Stick to your guns.

It's not haulage it's arborculture. I've always noticed its almost the same as agricultural for vehicles.

What is the mog registered as or for? On road, off road, agri, etc.

That’s just wrong, if you move goods on the road its haulage.

Moreover its pretty irrelevant what you register it as, (registration is simply what the man at the DVLA wrote on the paper) it is the use that matters

Someone told me that red diesel dyes the filters and therefore it would be hard to argue the case if the vehicle was tested to such depths. Are you safe running white and red at certain times in this sense.

I know that this is not your issue, but just a question on this particular issue.

you are right the dye stays in the filter but they can tell what is in the tank at the time of stopping so as long as there is white in the tank and you are on the road especially over 25miles from base you should be fine. you have a legitimate reason to run red.

The problem you have is the chip box on it, hence the reason they think you are running as haulage i guess.

I know nothing about this sort of situation a very grey area.