the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

Bit of a rush job to get a couple of sections of our farm hedge layed before the 1st of March. Nice to have some sunshine today to make job easier and leaves us with some nice wood for charcoal making.

I am no pro when comes to hedge laying but it usually grows and keeps the sheep in and out.

IMG_20210225_160007.jpg

IMG_20210221_115250.jpg

IMG_20210221_115114.jpg

• Like 2

On 24/02/2021 at 16:07, josharb87 said:

nothing wrong in the legislation IMO. 

Most people who pass their B car test will never need to drive a vehicle over 3.5t, so unnecessary to train them for heavier

the common tipper is manufactures giving an option.

there’s transit sized tippers at3.5 4.5 5.5 6.5 and 7ton GVWs

if you want or need to go heavier there’s vehicles and licenses available.

it’s just easier to be lazy and complain though 😆

(and yes, I have tried HGV ownership, the particular size wasn’t for me, perhaps will try again with a different size hgv sooner or later) 

Bollocks!

There is so much mid-ground between 3.5t and 7.5t.

I don’t want to keep my truck at a yard overnight, or get arse-raped financially for the privilege.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Thanks.

It's tied to some grant which stipulates we have to stop by the 1st March. Saps rising and birds are looking to nest so another month would be pushing it here anyway

937735DF-C744-4FFE-A32F-8B1525B14771.thumb.png.da87f4ae50b7cf84927874bb81227729.pngyou should be able to lay until end March as it says on the grant paper 

55 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Bollocks!

There is so much mid-ground between 3.5t and 7.5t.

I don’t want to keep my truck at a yard overnight, or get arse-raped financially for the privilege.

Yeah, but there is alternatives, the legislation isnt "controling the design of trucks" as Dan said. Personal choices is controlling what vehicle we choose to use. Most arbs choose to run as simply and cheaply as possible.

You not wanting to keep your truck at your yard is your choice? plenty of hauliers manage?

Trees are heavy, so we should be abiding by the heavy transport rules, thats the ugly truth. 

IF everyone could play by the rules, it'd be far better for the industry as a whole IMO. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Bit of a rush job to get a couple of sections of our farm hedge layed before the 1st of March. Nice to have some sunshine today to make job easier and leaves us with some nice wood for charcoal making.

I am no pro when comes to hedge laying but it usually grows and keeps the sheep in and out.

IMG_20210225_160007.jpg

IMG_20210221_115250.jpg

IMG_20210221_115114.jpg

Good wall too,  take yr door off - that 😉 K