One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

I hear this a lot, fuel I put in my saws & blower is a minor cost, vehicles are what REALLY cost you in terms of fuel.

I disagree, when two of us working on forestry, cutting/winching we are burning well over a can a day, mix, chain oil and 2 stroke oil equates to £12-15 depends on region and oils used, that equates to 2 gallons of diesel so the cost is about £30 a day give to take and half of on the saws fuel and oil ,

The cost of any item used in a business should be analysed on a cost/benefit basis.

Those who use Aspen (and there are many) consider the extra cost to be of a benefit.

There are very few who do not find the benefit having used the product, but everyone is different.

Its a matter of choice.

The cost of any item used in a business should be analysed on a cost/benefit basis.

Those who use Aspen (and there are many) consider the extra cost to be of a benefit.

There are very few who do not find the benefit having used the product, but everyone is different.

Its a matter of choice.

Hi,

Well said Barrie.

Please can everyone sign up to the below link.

the Petition · Abolish "Road fuel duty" on Garden/Power tool specific Alkylate petrols designed to protect users from harmful emissions · Change.org

Even if your not a Aspen user but just feel this is a unfair TAX

We just need names and I can't believe how few have signed up when the cost is the reason more people don't use aspen.

Having said that I have found more and more pro users are switching at the currant price with the Road Fuel Tax on of 58p a litre.

But I am sure everyone would like to pay less if they could.

Thanks for your support.

Eddie

I disagree, when two of us working on forestry, cutting/winching we are burning well over a can a day, mix, chain oil and 2 stroke oil equates to £12-15 depends on region and oils used, that equates to 2 gallons of diesel so the cost is about £30 a day give to take and half of on the saws fuel and oil ,

I agree with you, we use 30lt+ of mix a day on some forestry jobs and even buying Aspen at bulk price (£17 5lt?) it's still over £50 a day more on the bill. I'd love to use Aspen but can't justify with the already tight profit margins. About 20% of our work is arb, where I can easily price it into the job, but from what I've been told it's not good to chop n change between the two fuel types. Be interested to know if anyone can confirm/deny this?

John

Hi,

Well said Barrie.

Please can everyone sign up to the below link.

the Petition · Abolish "Road fuel duty" on Garden/Power tool specific Alkylate petrols designed to protect users from harmful emissions · Change.org

Even if your not a Aspen user but just feel this is a unfair TAX

We just need names and I can't believe how few have signed up when the cost is the reason more people don't use aspen.

Having said that I have found more and more pro users are switching at the currant price with the Road Fuel Tax on of 58p a litre.

But I am sure everyone would like to pay less if they could.

Thanks for your support.

Eddie

Just signed up, I am actually amazed at how few signatures this has got so far. I would have thought that it was in everyone's interest, even people who don't use Aspen fuel at them moment to help get this changed.

The government want to increase the Ethanol content of fuel even more than current levels this means more breakdowns due to fuel related issues.

Just as a side issue, but also related, Supermarkets buy fuel just as it is about to go out of date, this is why they can charge less for it. Also sometimes it has a higher ethanol content, Morrisons appears to be the worse offender, having recently been tested at up to 20%.:thumbdown:

That last bit is great: I've refused to buy supermarket fuel for years and when asked why I just say 'because they use crap fuel' but I haven't been able to back that up.

I shall now regard that as gospel as it suits my purposes to do so!!!

Cheers.

I agree with you, we use 30lt+ of mix a day on some forestry jobs and even buying Aspen at bulk price (£17 5lt?) it's still over £50 a day more on the bill. I'd love to use Aspen but can't justify with the already tight profit margins. About 20% of our work is arb, where I can easily price it into the job, but from what I've been told it's not good to chop n change between the two fuel types. Be interested to know if anyone can confirm/deny this?

John

So in Theory then every 20 full working days you will save £1000 to me at that cost its worth using standard unleaded with mix.

The money you will save will by a new saw the rest of money saved will be great and keeping manufactures, business etc turning over with sales of new saws or parts.

I fully understand that additives and alternative supplies like this are good and do less harm but at the end of the day every thing boils down to the cost and until it is cost effective most will keep using unleaded.

No doubt in forestry it's hard to justify, my work is 90% Arb and I've worked it into my costings, add massive health benefits, less machinery breakdowns, convenience of less fuel stops, longer fuel storage life...the list goes on!

In my situation it works well, it's not for everyone, I know that! When I look at my income from the job compared to the expense of Aspen it's a no brainer!

Have you signed up to help get the Road Fuel Tax off Aspen?

Petition · Abolish "Road fuel duty" on Garden/Power tool specific Alkylate petrols designed to protect users from harmful emissions · Change.org

If we can do this it will cut 58p off the litre price of Aspen

Kind regards

Eddie

i do not understand why the low uptake