One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

The wife complained of a sore head after using the strimmer, so I bit the bullet and bought a jerry can and combi can and filled it with aspen. Although expensive the wife does not complain about a sore head so she keeps doing the strimming RESULT!!:thumbup::thumbup: I would also like to know where to get stickers for the fuel cans? to stop the wife filling from the wrong can and then she may stop strimming all together:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Stickers for cans are great and your dealer may be able to supply, but why not simply use a Fillpartner on the clearly marked Aspen can rather than decanting?

FillPartners are the single worst £17 I've ever spent, the top plastic piece snapped off and the isn't a decent pressure release for auto fill on Husky saws. If only Aspen would accept not being fit for purpose as being a decent reason for a refund!

(And I do use Aspen in everything, without complaining about the price..!)

FillPartners are the single worst £17 I've ever spent, the top plastic piece snapped off and the isn't a decent pressure release for auto fill on Husky saws. If only Aspen would accept not being fit for purpose as being a decent reason for a refund!

(And I do use Aspen in everything, without complaining about the price..!)

Wow! thats a bit strong, you are obviously not happy with yours.

I have sold hundreds of the things and only ever had one reported breakage which the owner admitted was his own clumsy fault, and I did chip the top of one of my workshop ones when I dropped it off the bench.

No pressure release is needed whilst filling, but in hot weather it pays to push the plunger down first to 'burp' the can, or you may get sprayed!

My other workshop on is 3 years old and has been used many thousands of times and still perfect.

Interesting one this, I have just converted a MS210 and 230 over to Aspen, the interesting one was the MS210, despite fiting a new carb kit and fuel line, it had a terrible idle - knowing that it has the Zama C1Q carb with an accelerator pump, I stripped it down and fitted a new pump.

The saw runs like a champ now - reckon the petrol had been absorbed in to the sealing O ring, dried in absence of pump fuel and then contracted in the Aspen.

It would be easy to blame the new fuel but the hardening of rubber is just one of those issues with changing away from pump fuel and on to Aspen - easily picked up if you know your onions:thumbup:

The fuel line also pissed out fuel but had new ones on order for the conversion.

Wow! thats a bit strong, you are obviously not happy with yours.

I have sold hundreds of the things and only ever had one reported breakage which the owner admitted was his own clumsy fault, and I did chip the top of one of my workshop ones when I dropped it off the bench.

No pressure release is needed whilst filling, but in hot weather it pays to push the plunger down first to 'burp' the can, or you may get sprayed!

My other workshop on is 3 years old and has been used many thousands of times and still perfect.

I was really looking forward to the product too!

I always 'burp' any can in hot weather, this is just plain old rubbish, creates a seal and you have to angle it so the seal is broken and it fills. Just felt the build quality is poor compared to the cheaper Stihl spouts, I've never broke one of those. This should be testament to me taking care of stuff!

Other than that I'm an Aspen evangelist, had to use red Stihl two stroke mix today on a subbing job, confined space = headache!

Chris

Hi Terry,

When did you buy your fillpartner?

Please check it looks like the one pictured as they have improved since they were first sold over here.

You are the first person I have known of who does not like the Fillpartner.

The only other issue we have had is if the are used with normal petrol and they jam up.

But having said that they are for Aspen and only fit Aspen can's.

Please PM me or post your broken Fillpartner to our office

3 Holly Close

Sandford

Wareham

BH20 7QE

I am away for two weeks from Monday, but will sort this when I am back if the office has not.597669e37e65b_Fillpartnerfilling1.jpg.4850acb152392e1e99220c478a35a33b.jpg

If anyone has any problems with our products please tell us so we can help.

Kind regards

Eddie

Stickers for cans are great and your dealer may be able to supply, but why not simply use a Fillpartner on the clearly marked Aspen can rather than decanting?

The problem is where I buy my aspen from he does not stock aspen in 5 lt cans only decants from a large drum into your own cans! So I can't get small cans

Hi Callum,

PM me the name of your dealer and I will see if I can get them to stock Aspen in 5 litre can's.

Hi all,

I am away for 2 weeks from Monday so I we deal with emails and PM's when I get back.

Please contact our office or see our website for information or help.

See you in 2 weeks.

Eddie