One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

About this time last year I'd been using Aspen exclusively for a year in saws from a 150t up to a 395 and I posted my thoughts on it.

Two years down the line, I'm still very happy with how Aspen works for me. This year I've had a chance to test out it's storage over 5 months and the results have been great. All my saws have started and run with no problems on the same fuel I stood them up with.

I've gained two (even more) local dealers in the last year too! Now I'm nearly always passing one of them on the way home from jobs, so supply is great.

The only issue I have is that a local Aspen dealer is fairly anti Aspen. They repeatedly blame saw faults on it, often before even looking at the saw. Once when I had a spilt fuel line the first 20 minutes the dealer was telling me it was the carb not liking Aspen!

The only issue I have is that a local Aspen dealer is fairly anti Aspen. They repeatedly blame saw faults on it, often before even looking at the saw. Once when I had a spilt fuel line the first 20 minutes the dealer was telling me it was the carb not liking Aspen!

Sounds like it is sold in the Parts dept/shop, but nobody has bothered to tell the mechanics about the product.

It is their ignorance that makes them blame it for faults they do not understand.

This attitude makes my blood boil as I am so enthusiastic about Aspen.

Sounds like it is sold in the Parts dept/shop, but nobody has bothered to tell the mechanics about the product.

It is their ignorance that makes them blame it for faults they do not understand.

It's a small dealer, the shop and the mechanics are the same person

Probably need to offer your services to AA oil. Eddie seems a bit busy and could probably do with a hand. One take north, the other south - divide and conquer :lol::lol:

Probably need to offer your services to AA oil. Eddie seems a bit busy and could probably do with a hand. One take north, the other south - divide and conquer :lol::lol:

To be honest, if I did not have my own successful business, I would love to do just what you have suggested.

Many dealers are still unaware of Aspen, and many who are aware of it do not understand the benefits of the product.

To sell Aspen properly a dealer must fully understand it. The whole team must get behind the product and pass their enthusiasm and knowledge on to the customer.

I started selling Aspen just over 3 years ago. Fuel related problems had been increasing since the introduction of Ethanol into pump fuel and many customers were suffering as a result.

So I researched the costs, and the benefits, of using Aspen. When I had convinced myself, I invested in safe storage and my first pallet of Aspen, not being quite sure how it would sell. It was all sold within a month and another ordered.

95% of my serviced machines and all new kit is sent out with Aspen, and all customers are told of the benefits. The result is that most of the customers keep coming back for more, despite the price.

This increases the footfall through my door, with the added advantage of maintaining a more regular contact with the customer.

We are now selling a pallet every fortnight on average over the counter and it accounts for around 6% of our turnover. (not including the quanity sent to users throughout the country)

Apart from the odd fuel leak from old, shrinking, fuel hose, I have never had a problem caused by Aspen.

Edited by GardenKit

Hi all,

We are working hard to keep regular face to face contact with all our dealers so we can help them fully understand Aspen.

what selling techniques work for other dealers

Using Aspen in their own workshops and how this benefits them and their customers

Common Aspen customer questions

New marketing material

and to reinforce we are here to support the dealer and end user with personal friendly assistance where needed.

Please keep me informed about dealers who you would like to stock Aspen as well as dealers who already sell it but need some help.

[email protected] or Tel 07568108953

PS sign the below

Petition · Abolish "Road fuel duty" on Garden/Power tool specific Alkylate petrols designed to protect users from harmful emissions · Change.org

all the best

Eddie