One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

Thats a cracking good idea MW!

I will start a thread later.

What about asking Steve if it would be possible for the Arbtalk forum to "sponsor" a high-visibility ad displayed at the top of the forum (where ads usually appear). The only thing required is a suitably sized image to appear to promote the petition.

If it were to run for a few weeks, it might generate the required visibility amongst the Arbtalk members to lead to a considerable number of new signatures.

Although I use Aspen (and occasionally STIHL MotoMix) in all my equipment, I have chosen not to sign the petition, as I an neither UK citizen, nor residing in the UK, which means my signature shouldn't count :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It has often been stated that Aspen is much cheaper abroad than it is in the UK. In fact the real price is extremely similar.

I took this picture in Sweden yesterday and the conversion rate was 11,7 krona to the GBP, making this £14.44, some £5.40 cheaper than the UK.

But there is no tax on this product in Sweden, making the actual fuel price just as expensive as here.

0.jpg.efb0673fadbede4e6214b558391f09ae.jpg

It has often been stated that Aspen is much cheaper abroad than it is in the UK. In fact the real price is extremely similar.

I took this picture in Sweden yesterday and the conversion rate was 11,7 krona to the GBP, making this £14.44, some £5.40 cheaper than the UK.

But there is no tax on this product in Sweden, making the actual fuel price just as expensive as here.

[attach]170302[/attach]

True, but Aspen is also sold in...

* 25 liter canisters for SEK 725 (£62) => £2.48/liter (at "Granngården" where you took your photo)

* At Aspen pumping stations (typically located at Husqvarna dealers) for SEK 22/liter => 1.88/liter.

All above prices are inclusive of 25% VAT.

All "pro users" will obviously buy at the pump.

But I understand that 25 liter plastic canisters is not viable for the UK market, and that the current volumes do not justify dedicated pumping stations. For information, there are 132 dedicated Aspen pumping stations located throughout Sweden (information obtained from Hitta köpställen för Aspen alkylatbensin )

Edited by morten

True, but Aspen is also sold in...

* 25 liter canisters for SEK 725 (£62) => £2.48/liter (at "Granngården" where you took your photo)

* At Aspen pumping stations (typically located at Husqvarna dealers) for SEK 22/liter => 1.88/liter.

All above prices are inclusive of 25% VAT.

Alkylate fuels are also available at some OK/Q8 stations for as little as SEK 18.75/liter => £1.60. See Drivmedel

Not that it is very relevant for this thread :blushing:

Alkylate fuels are also available at some OK/Q8 stations for as little as SEK 18.75/liter => £1.60. See Drivmedel

Not that it is very relevant for this thread :blushing:

Very welcome comments Morten.

I was visiting Sweden along with 6 other UK dealers for 2 days as a guest of Aspen. Our purpose was to see, first hand, how Aspen is used in Sweden and to find ideas to boost its sales in the UK.

We found that the 5 litre cans do in fact sell in large volume at the price shown. When you consider the extra costs involved in getting the product into the UK, and the extra "fuel duty" it is quite amazing that our UK prices are as low as they are.

Seeing the production line in the Aspen plant also makes you appreciate the extra costs in production that Aspen has over pump fuel.

But what I found most amazing was the universal acceptance of Aspen as the fuel of choice. We met with 3 different sales outlets as well as a service centre.

When we asked the dealer personnel the question "why do people buy Aspen?", the reply was along the lines of "why would they not buy it?" "why would anyone want to use pump fuel?"

We spotted a pro user buying some Aspen and we took the chance to interview him. He was amazed that we should have to ask why he used it, and was totally shocked when we asked if he would ever consider using petrol and gave a very firm NO. Their health is foremost in their mind.

We asked users, and dealers alike, if there were any mechanical problems with using Aspen, and once again the answer was a very positive NO.

The Swedish users (as well as other Northern European countries) are very much converted to Alkylate fuels, and have been so for over 20 years.

I am confident that in a few years we will have the same acceptance in the UK.