One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

No doubt in forestry it's hard to justify, my work is 90% Arb and I've worked it into my costings, add massive health benefits, less machinery breakdowns, convenience of less fuel stops, longer fuel storage life...the list goes on!

In my situation it works well, it's not for everyone, I know that! When I look at my income from the job compared to the expense of Aspen it's a no brainer!

I'm a climber aswell, however can't see how it pays to make so much difference?

Don't see how it changes breakdowns and or fuel stops? And fuel storage isn't a problem when jerry cans empty I go to local garage .5 mile away and fill up

What you paying per 5l?

I've been told it's not good to chop n change between the two fuel types. Be interested to know if anyone can confirm/deny this?

John

It certainly will not harm the machine to chop n change between Aspen and pump fuel.

Some equipment may however need a very slight tweak of the L screw (idle mixture)

When changing to Aspen this may need to be richened very slightly to get a clean tickover and pickup, whilst when changing back to pump fuel you may then need to weaken it very slightly to avoid a lumpy idle.

Often a compromise setting can be achieved allowing seamless changeovers.

But to keep this in context, it is no different than when changing from one brand of petrol to another, or when changing from old petrol to a fresh supply. These factors always effect the way your saw runs.

Generally a compromise setting can be achieved allowing seamless changeovers.

However, if used solely on Aspen you will find that once tuned, a machine will stay in perfect tune thereafter. This is due the Aspen fuel always being consistant, unlike pump fuel which changes as it ages as well as being different from pump to pump.

Hope this is of some help.

Don't see how it changes breakdowns and or fuel stops? And fuel storage isn't a problem when jerry cans empty I go to local garage .5 mile away and fill up

What you paying per 5l?

Petrol eats away at rubber and nitrile components. Aspen doesn't. That means you won't have to replace carb kits, fuel lines and filters as often. Petrol can also eat away at other components, on my 090, the oil pump is also powered by crank impulse, so the mix can eat away at that.

When are you going to fill the "Evesham gap", Eddie???!

Hi,

I will spend more time on the road next year and do less shows.

This will mean I can focus on areas with poor dealer coverage.

If you guys can keep on at your local dealers to stock Aspen that helps me.

I can't make a shop sell Aspen only explain the advantages and try to get them on board.

Thanks for your support.

Eddie

What you paying per 5l?

Hi,

Because Aspen is very pure with only 10 chemicals it won't leave deposits in your fuel system this means that your kit won't need retuning once your on Aspen.

Also because comes in clean cans and if you use the Fillpartner spout the chance of dirt getting into your fuel system is massively reduced

It certainly will not harm the machine to chop n change between Aspen and pump fuel.

Some equipment may however need a very slight tweak of the L screw (idle mixture)

When changing to Aspen this may need to be richened very slightly to get a clean tickover and pickup, whilst when changing back to pump fuel you may then need to weaken it very slightly to avoid a lumpy idle.

Often a compromise setting can be achieved allowing seamless changeovers.

But to keep this in context, it is no different than when changing from one brand of petrol to another, or when changing from old petrol to a fresh supply. These factors always effect the way your saw runs.

Generally a compromise setting can be achieved allowing seamless changeovers.

However, if used solely on Aspen you will find that once tuned, a machine will stay in perfect tune thereafter. This is due the Aspen fuel always being consistant, unlike pump fuel which changes as it ages as well as being different from pump to pump.

Hope this is of some help.

So what about autotune? We're running 3 550xpg, 560xpg, 555, 2 576 and 540t