It's time to wake up - and switch to Aspen Fuel

Aspen@AAOIL

A bit of factual information about Aspen can be found here: http://www.aspen.se/Files/PDF/Productsheets/Engelska/produktblad1_ENG_NEUTRAL.pdf

Well I don’t dispute that there are facts in there but it’s largely an advertising blurb produced by aspen to make aspen look good.

Interestingly is says

Alkylate is produced synthetically from the clean gases released when refining crude oil.

So it’s made from a waste product, and yet still so expensive????

Make it cheaper folks, that will make it more attractive to distributors and with a better distributor network more people will take it on.

I won’t be switching until I can be sure of continuity of supply

Well I don’t dispute that there are facts in there but it’s largely an advertising blurb produced by aspen to make aspen look good.

Interestingly is says

Alkylate is produced synthetically from the clean gases released when refining crude oil.

So it’s made from a waste product, and yet still so expensive????

How on earth do you read "waste product" in to the above sentence. Crude oil is the product used at the beginning of ANY refinery process. The alkylate process continues on where the normal petrol process ends, removing the most harmful (to humans) substances.

I was posting a reference that includes irrefutable facts comparing the harmful contents in normal petrol and alkylate, and you dismiss the whole thing as "advertising blurb".

Noone is trying to "win you over". If you feel so strongly about it, save some money and continue working the way that feels comfortable for you.

Other people (myself included) apparently value our health higher. I certainly experience much less nausea working with Aspen than working (next to someone) using normal fuel/oil mix.

Noone is trying to "win you over". If you feel so strongly about it, save some money and continue working the way that feels comfortable for you.

Are you sure about that? They are advertising their product and want me to use that instead of regular unleaded. If the product is what it says it is I would be happy to use it but the availability is the problem.

I was posting a reference that includes irrefutable facts comparing the harmful contents in normal petrol and alkylate, and you dismiss the whole thing as "advertising blurb".

Well you can hardly call it impartial can you? It compares percentages by volume but that’s about all.

Other people (myself included) apparently value our health higher. I certainly experience much less nausea working with Aspen than working (next to someone) using normal fuel/oil mix.

I can honestly say that in better than 20 years using saws I have never felt nausea (due to the saw) and my health is just fine.

Are you sure about that? They are advertising their product and want me to use that instead of regular unleaded. If the product is what it says it is I would be happy to use it but the availability is the problem.

Well you can hardly call it impartial can you? It compares percentages by volume but that’s about all.

I can honestly say that in better than 20 years using saws I have never felt nausea (due to the saw) and my health is just fine.

Sorry Treequip, you may have answered this question in previous posts, but have you actually ever tried Aspen.

I guess not, so why so determined to run it down?

• 3 months later...

[quote name=

I can honestly say that in better than 20 years using saws I have never felt nausea (due to the saw) and my health is just fine.[/quote]

:001_rolleyes:

You must have electric saws, I remember well when they brought out the lead free stuff and had head aches, felt sick, burning nose.

admittedly I was cutting in a railway cutting on a wet day so fumes were hanging about but we have all used a hedge cutter and know how fumes stay in the hedge and choke us.

You carry on and I hope your never ill, but I got 20 more years on top of you and can honestly say Aspen makes a huge difference, its just a shame it is so expensive:sneaky2: and still hard to get hold of in a lot of places

• 4 years later...

Reviving an old thread here...

I've just bought a thing of Aspen for the trimmer and blower I've recently bought, so that'll be fine.

I contract 2-3 days a week, and on those days my saws are filled with normal fuel and red Stihl two stroke. Any long term experience of regularly switching between Aspen and conventional fuel? No problem or absolute no-no? Any symptoms I need to look out for?

Traditional premix can degrade the fuel pipe and fuel seals over time. You have to replace them at some point but it shouldn't be a problem if you stay with the pump-premix. However, Aspen doesn't have the constituents that help to degrade these part. So when you swap to Aspen, you may find that you get fuel leaks.

Pump fuel takes the coating of the rubber components that is on there to keep the rubber supple . However the pump fuel keeps the rubber soft until it eventually fails . Aspen does not remove this coating so if you run an engine from the get go on Aspen ...no probs but if you switch from pump to Aspen you could get problems with the rubber failing . I changed all the rubber components on my saws when I switched to Aspen just to be safe .

The above users make a good point on what CAN happen when switching from pump fuel to Aspen. these are worst case scenarios however and you may find that your particular machine does not suffer from any problems going between the 2 different types of fuel.

Some machines will require a slight low speed carburettor adjustment to reach optimum performance which might take away some of the conveniance of running Aspen if you are constantly changing fuel types and having to adjust the machine to suit.

You obviously recognise the benefits in using Aspen fuel, seeing as you have brought a can to use in your newly purchased equipment. With this in mind, maybe it would be a good time to talk to your employer who you contract for in the week about providing you with the same fuel at work.

Reviving an old thread here...

I've just bought a thing of Aspen for the trimmer and blower I've recently bought, so that'll be fine.

I contract 2-3 days a week, and on those days my saws are filled with normal fuel and red Stihl two stroke. Any long term experience of regularly switching between Aspen and conventional fuel? No problem or absolute no-no? Any symptoms I need to look out for?