Insurance, NFU. what a joke.

Hodge

My friend Tony tried to renew his insurance with the NFU they asked multiple questions even though his circumstance hasn't changed. He answered them only to have them all asked for again..............and then again..............his cover ran out and he lost work while they wouldn't give him a straight answer. Not much to recommend there.

Treestyle Arboriculture: Professional Tree Surgeons, Manchester

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nfu's now for farmers only

I think they had a forray into other trades and got their fingers burned.

Messed us about something dreadful and after 9 years claim free trade from us.

Nice people but their underwriters are now too cautious and they don't quote and hope you just go with what you have which in our case was- no insurance over 6 metres- GREAT!

The local NFU have been good to us for a long time however when I went in during October to have them sign a form to prove both us and the vehicle were insured for snow clearance work on public roads (which it confirms in the legal smallprint) I was told 10 days and had to be done at head office then posted second class and faxed back to me and the council. When the form arrived having called them to check progress the ***** at the office had filled in the form confirming Policy Numbers but then written in Block words. "NOT INSURED WITH THE NFU"

By the sounds of things it really depends on the office and the person you speak to in the office.

I made an online enquiry, I was called the following morning by the chesterfield branch, had a conversation was called in the afternoon and quoted £550 for 2k in kit, pl to 5 mil. No climbing, just planting/fencing/taffifing and ground based felling but was then recomended to try a local broker as the chap from the nfu thought this was too expensive. He was right. £250. Will ad kit and vehicles and El as needed. With rough quotes (With a 10% each way possible variance) in writing.

Not a great business practice but excellent customer service.