Insurance, NFU. what a joke.

Hodge

did they do the mog cts?

If your vehicle is off the road due to damage caused by another driver (as in cts's case, being run into from behind) you can hire another vehicle and their insurance will have to pay for it, often your insurer will do it all for you and get their costs back off the others insurer.

The was a Co called "Three arrows", if you were in an accident that was defiantly not your fault they would hire you a vehicle and pursue the other party for the costs. I used them in the past, not sure if they are still going.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had similar with my PL with NFU, i tried and tried to ring, no answer, wanted a quote as id heard on here they were good, Finally got threw after loads of times and they never rang back :confused1: So went with Arbinsure, who were great.

However, when i wanted to insure the LDV, i rang a different number for NFU and the chap was really helpful and they were quite abit cheaper than anyone else :thumbup1: Very strange.

Trust were a close 2nd on the truck tho.

well well well , i insured my mog with a well known arb insurer and was rather miffed that the policy and its limmitations so on my lunch break i gave nfu a call , within ten mins i had the mog insured fully comp with none of the limitations like the other insurer and when they told me it would cost me 236.75 - a saving of nearly £500 i was over the moon , so maybe nfu are good for some things . oh and the woman on the phone did have a rather nice voice lol

they are good for farm kit, they know about linkages, trailers etc. other things is a hit and a miss. my patrol was £500 fully comp with just me driving. they gave me an introductory 70% ncb as all mine was used up on the van, but still a lot i thought for a 10 yr old car, BUT they did it over the phone in minutes, i did shop about and got fed up with idiots on the other end of the line, so i just went with the nice guy from the nfu

I've just switched my PL and EL to NFU after years with Lycetts.

They may take a little more time to respond/deal with things, but have always paid a very fair price without quibble. Lycetts were, in my opinion, terrible. They did not act in my best interest on claims and they kept putting up my premiums - until I threatened to leave, when they back-tracked (I'm not the only one apparently).

The NFU may be a bit archaic, and you may have to chase them a couple of times, but I've found them honest, trustworthy and act in my best interest.

• 1 year later...

hi guys been with nfu 19 years never had a claim , like the rest of the members the nfu is now a joke. just had a renewal for my 1600 unimog £2467 for the year , land cruiser £589 for the year , they said they made a mistake and brought it down to £650. i phone a round and found unimog ins£289 and landcruiser ins £199 for buisness, draiton ins01603 262 610 ask for peter.