Are we heading into WWIII?

Mesterh

On the other side of the coin , a 14 year old was chatting to me in the yard this morning, I know they speak a different language to us old fogies , but he’d listened to the news this past week , and was  genuinely really upset that his dad ( who is a desk bound civilian ) will probably have to go and fight in the war in a couple of years.

I offered him a few well chosen words, but to use a modern term , he was getting stressed out about it all.

Edited by oldwoodcutter

I read a lot about this stuff (on the internet) doesn’t mean I know any more than anyone else of course, just that I don’t waste my time doing anything meaningful or constructive when I finish work early, just doomscroll till the wife comes home.

Anyway, one thing I have learnt, is that Poland is armed to the teeth with modern weapons and aircraft, has historical trust issues with Russia and is fully prepared to engage should it spread.

Just an observation.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I read a lot about this stuff (on the internet) doesn’t mean I know any more than anyone else of course, just that I don’t waste my time doing anything meaningful or constructive when I finish work early, just doomscroll till the wife comes home.

Anyway, one thing I have learnt, is that Poland is armed to the teeth with modern weapons and aircraft, has historical trust issues with Russia and is fully prepared to engage should it spread.

Just an observation.

I read the same Mick . I follow the Ukraine/Russia war daily . 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mike Dempsey said:

Im ok as I was 60 a few months ago, so I wont get called up.

Can you imagine the number of complaints being made by new recruits because,

"someone shouted at me and I dont like it!"

A mate told me now in the army the recruits get to hold up a yellow card if they feel like they're being mistreated or bullied in training. No wonder Russia isn't worried about us. 

9 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

I stopped playing cod as I was fed up of being killed by 10 year olds within seconds, so I should be ok in an actual war scenario 

I had to replace a tele in lockdown after i launched the controller after being killed on a buy station for the umpteenth time on warzone by some thirsty little basement dweller. 

To add insult to injury i forgot that the controller was attached to my head with the headphones. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Just an observation.

Let's be perfectly honest if the Russians can't beat a country like Ukraine who are tiny compared to the Russians what chances would they have against NATO. Nuclear is absurd only a madman would go there.

• Like 2