Lithium battery jumper packs

Haironyourchest

I’ve just bought the Noco 500A one after a persistent starting problem with my chipper.

It turned out the battery was goosed so I bought a new one.

I thought it would be a good addition to the glovebox, though, although I haven’t used it yet.

Annotating the Transit and chipper for a jump start was a pita.

Apparently this one will also start my truck if required.

Just as importantly, I will never run out of phone or vape power on site again thanks to the USB ports!

Handy for events like the APF as well.

Torch seems ok.

£90 from Halfrauds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Whoppa Choppa said:

I'm thinking the smaller ones aren't as good. I've got the 3000A one (will get a pic later) and it's been faultless. It's started a 6.8 litre diesel iro 20 times before needing to be recharged. A note re charging - even though it is officially fully charged once rhe green light is on, it will carry on pulsing for a full day (ooh er). Leaving it til it's stopped pulsing may be the key to ensuring proper performance.

IMG_20231214_111844154.jpg

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

I’ve just bought the Noco 500A one after a persistent starting problem with my chipper.

It turned out the battery was goosed so I bought a new one.

I thought it would be a good addition to the glovebox, though, although I haven’t used it yet.

Annotating the Transit and chipper for a jump start was a pita.

Apparently this one will also start my truck if required.

Just as importantly, I will never run out of phone or vape power on site again thanks to the USB ports!

Handy for events like the APF as well.

Torch seems ok.

£90 from Halfrauds.

Running out of vape battery is this decade's version of losing your lighter.. highly vexing. I don't run out of phone anymore though, after renewing with a 8000 mah rugged phone. 

• Like 1

4 years or more since I got a noco and it's only now starting to lose its oomph. Has started all manner of machine including the mog.

Good little device, but I have noticed it's no longer up to starting larger engines. Wouldn't be without one all the same. Its proved useful during power cuts and when camping too.

I usually keep it topped up from the 12v charger in the jeep, it might get a full mains charge twice a year, this may have had an effect on it.

I've got a Honda ed400, little suitcase generator, not made anymore. The only outputs on it are 12v and 24v.

You can hook it up to a dead battery, go off have a cup of tea and come back to a charged battery.

Handy if you can't get another machine/vehicle to the dead one for a conventional jump start with leads

After reading a few reviews I bought this 4000amp gooloo for about £100, model number GP4000. It can wang over a tractor engine for a surprisingly long time.

GOOLOO.UK

GOOLOO flagship jump starter power bank; 26800 mAh with 4000 A peak current; one button back on track.

IMG_4906.thumb.jpeg.0052e22e23fdcbdc7838fbf2bdbf8a5d.jpeg

Edited by aspenarb

I've got a Noco GB70 that I've never managed to use to start anything. Either it doesn't work or I'm too ****************ing thick to grasp the instructions. Anyone care to offer instruction in terms the tech-averse might understand?