Most disgraceful customer supplied refreshments.

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I don’t like massive amounts of food being dumped on us.

I feel like I’m rude if I don’t eat it, and very often I’m not hungry on a hard day.

Bacon sarnies? Yes ok, just let us know when we turn up so I don’t eat my own sandwiches unknowingly.

Bacon sarnies, rare treat, I only have one regular British couple who serve me these and only when Mrs Lee is not working, then it's fried egg.

38 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Bacon sarnies, rare treat, I only have one regular British couple who serve me these and only when Mrs Lee is not working, then it's fried egg.

Haven’t been offered them in years, more’s the pity.

Got some strong espresso and biscuits today, which is perfect, but, as you know, customs (and customers) are very different here

• Like 1

I had a smallholder type customer once who promised bacon baps when we came to do his trees.

We’d nearly finished the job when he comes out to say he’s getting them now, but it turned out he meant that he was getting into his old banger and driving the 8 miles or so to Downham, to buy the bacon and baps, which we didn’t know about til much later, we just saw him go.

Well after about an hour I didn’t quite know what to do, for us to just load up and go to the next job would have been pretty bad form, but eventually we see him return and go into his farmhouse kitchen.

Then the 4 of us get the call to actually go into his house and sit at his table.

Then we see him sort of begin to fry bacon on the aga.

The bacon was the texture of the sole of my old boot, and the baps were those rock hard crispy ones.

I dipped bits of mine in the tea mug but still broke a filling. I noticed my climber ( whose lack of teeth are well known) had cleaned his 2 up in no time, and afterwards when I asked him how he managed to eat them so quickly he simply said he handed them under the table to the pack of dogs that were under there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

22 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Haven’t been offered them in years, more’s the pity.

Got some strong espresso and biscuits today, which is perfect, but, as you know, customs (and customers) are very different here

I find the best 'grub' is often served up by fishing lake owners like my rare British couple who are used to catering for their clients.

I recently returned to eating in restaurants at midday due to the awfully wet weather we've been having. Three course meal for three being less than a McDonalds but twice that of boulangerie sandwiches, dessert and can of fizzy pop.

Today, my groundy and I fasted which is a great economy.

One very grumpy customer once when we gave the fine china back... 'where's the silver teaspoon?'

Still to this day don't think it came with one, but leant after that always give back any extra cutlery etc when you get given drinks.

Saves a 20min search down the side of the transit seats

Colleague even offered up the cheap stainless teaspoon out his lunchbox but that wasnt doing it😔

5 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I find the best 'grub' is often served up by fishing lake owners like my rare British couple who are used to catering for their clients.

I recently returned to eating in restaurants at midday due to the awfully wet weather we've been having. Three course meal for three being less than a McDonalds but twice that of boulangerie sandwiches, dessert and can of fizzy pop.

Today, my groundy and I fasted which is a great economy.

Oh bollocks to restaurants, job and knock is our motto 

My new groundy is super prepared every day, wet weather clothes, flask, sangers, painkillers, the lot.

18 years old, the kid’s a special talent.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, NJA said:

One very grumpy customer once when we gave the fine china back... 'where's the silver teaspoon?'

Still to this day don't think it came with one, but leant after that always give back any extra cutlery etc when you get given drinks.

Saves a 20min search down the side of the transit seats

Colleague even offered up the cheap stainless teaspoon out his lunchbox but that wasnt doing it😔

I've a regular customer who has a December hedge cut and shrub tidy, she makes fabulous flapjack.

Her teaspoon is still on top of the dash from last year, hoping I can stick it back in the cup this year and she won't notice.

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

I've a regular customer who has a December hedge cut and shrub tidy, she makes fabulous flapjack.

Her teaspoon is still on top of the dash from last year, hoping I can stick it back in the cup this year and she won't notice.

Customer I'm at now does tea and toast on arrival, regular tea and biscuits, homemade cake and flapjack. Once got hot flapjack straight out the oven,  so crumbley i needed a spoon 👍 

Shame its alway poxy little repair jobs here, and it's 5 miles inside the m25 hellhole

On 05/12/2023 at 19:22, oldwoodcutter said:

I had a smallholder type customer once who promised bacon baps when we came to do his trees.

We’d nearly finished the job when he comes out to say he’s getting them now, but it turned out he meant that he was getting into his old banger and driving the 8 miles or so to Downham, to buy the bacon and baps, which we didn’t know about til much later, we just saw him go.

Well after about an hour I didn’t quite know what to do, for us to just load up and go to the next job would have been pretty bad form, but eventually we see him return and go into his farmhouse kitchen.

Then the 4 of us get the call to actually go into his house and sit at his table.

Then we see him sort of begin to fry bacon on the aga.

The bacon was the texture of the sole of my old boot, and the baps were those rock hard crispy ones.

I dipped bits of mine in the tea mug but still broke a filling. I noticed my climber ( whose lack of teeth are well known) had cleaned his 2 up in no time, and afterwards when I asked him how he managed to eat them so quickly he simply said he handed them under the table to the pack of dogs that were under there.

I read that one to wifey, she laughed muchly- great story 👍

• Thanks 1