tacho rules do you know them?

kindlett

Absoloute f-ing balls mate. I have never heard such crap in all my life. VOSA are a bunch of ill informed jumped up ex security men and squaddies, who are very very far from experts in their field and are NOT, repeat NOT qualified vehicle examiners. You say exemptions are fair enough for the VOSA man getting wrong in the same paragraph as you say they are qualified to keep vehicles safe. IF they are in a position to slap draconian notices on vehicles at a vast cost to the owner for things as petty as a broken indicator repeater lens then they should know the letter of the law to the finest detail.

A forum full of questions is a million miles away from someone in a position of responsibilty, safety making decisions and with the power to apply fiscal hardship on members of the public.

The only good thing i have ever heard about VOSA is when one of their slimy good for nothing POS employees picked on the wrong lorry driver and was kicked all round the car park and had seveb shades beaten out of him and spent 6 months off work. They are scum who are little better than human GATS cameras. My missus has fallen foul of them at vast cost, and each time has had theur findings quashed at the plating station, who basically said whati have just written.

VOSA have to justify their existence by nabbing enough drivers, which explains a hell of a lot to me.

VOSA......tosser

Im glad you said it mate! :blushing::thumbup:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He (the contractor) cuts grass for schools, football fields, housing associations and the like. I timed the job for when he was cutting a school outfield nearby although that was to fit in with his schedule.

I didn’t say grass cutting justified taking the tractor on the road, what justifies taking it on the road is DERV, RFL and an “O” licence

I thought thats what you were saying in the first quote about in response to my question about low loading.

Absoloute f-ing balls mate. I have never heard such crap in all my life. VOSA are a bunch of ill informed jumped up ex security men and squaddies, who are very very far from experts in their field and are NOT, repeat NOT qualified vehicle examiners. You say exemptions are fair enough for the VOSA man getting wrong in the same paragraph as you say they are qualified to keep vehicles safe. IF they are in a position to slap draconian notices on vehicles at a vast cost to the owner for things as petty as a broken indicator repeater lens then they should know the letter of the law to the finest detail.

A forum full of questions is a million miles away from someone in a position of responsibilty, safety making decisions and with the power to apply fiscal hardship on members of the public.

The only good thing i have ever heard about VOSA is when one of their slimy good for nothing POS employees picked on the wrong lorry driver and was kicked all round the car park and had seveb shades beaten out of him and spent 6 months off work. They are scum who are little better than human GATS cameras. My missus has fallen foul of them at vast cost, and each time has had theur findings quashed at the plating station, who basically said whati have just written.

VOSA have to justify their existence by nabbing enough drivers, which explains a hell of a lot to me.

VOSA......tosser

//////Confused/////

“Plating station”????

I am guessing you mean goods vehicle testing station, where LGV’s go for plating. The testing stations are run by VOSA. I don’t understand why VOSA staff would slag off VOSA staff.

I know most of the vehicle testers at my local station and I can honestly say that they are mainly mechanics. They did have an ex squaddie (ex REME) but he retired.

Are you clear on the difference between Vehicle Inspectors and Highways Agency Traffic Officers?

VOSA is what stands between your family and a driver on the end of a 14 hour shift, in a truck with dodgy brakes and a bald tyre or two.

Doesnt really apply to most tree people though does it.

Dont really see why we should all get tachos fitted (dunno the cost and dont care tbh) get them calibrated and keep records for a poxy bit of driving through out the day when some muppet can tow a 20 foot+ caravan from lands end to john o groats with his family in tow and no one gives a feck.

Any tree firm doing a bit of serious timber hauling will have a 7.5+ tonner and have a tach fitted anyway.

Dont really see why we should all get tachos fitted (dunno the cost and dont care tbh) get them calibrated and keep records for a poxy bit of driving through out the day when some muppet can tow a 20 foot+ caravan from lands end to john o groats with his family in tow and no one gives a feck.

Any tree firm doing a bit of serious timber hauling will have a 7.5+ tonner and have a tach fitted anyway.

Like I said we are on the fringe of it as far as haulage goes but the rules apply to us as much as the next man.

I have seen some tree outfits vehicles in a pizz poor state, like I said most tree people look on a vehicle as “the thing that gets me to the tree”

:congrats::congrats:

50km !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only work in a 5km radius of home :biggrin:

If they made me fit a tacho I think I may give up the job and get a proper one.

There's only so much BS you can take for the wage you earn and to be honest it's getting close now.

I can go get a job paying 24K a year with no overtime, no phones ringing all hours, no sunday or evening pricing and no BS paperwork.

I can then remove all the sign writing from my landrover, ditch my accountant, ditch my EL and PL insurance, ditch my loler testing, accident book, training record book, service record book, book keeping book and do cash in hand jobs, run on red and screw the tax man, just do one job a week and stick 4 or 5 hundred quid a week in my back pocket

:congrats::congrats::congrats: