tacho rules do you know them?

kindlett

It might if your 20 tonne unimog / trailer combo collides with a family car.

Not having a go, I put my mogs onto our operators licence so that they get inspected by a qualified engineer every 6 weeks.

In the event of a collision I can show I have taken steps to keep the vechicles roadworthy.

I was pulled and my mog was gone over with a fine tooth comb, there were NO faults. They put it on a rolling road and told me it had the brakes they would like to see on an arctic.

I maintain my mog regardless of cost, if Alex's Price says it needs something, it get it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats an amusing comment given your avatar.

It’s not too clear without taking a close look at the picture but that’s not a road, it is a public park. Not a white line or street sign in sight!

We couldn’t get the timber truck in so I was forwarding up with the tractor.

Further, when I built that trailer I simply added a hydraulic braking system to the air and put an accumulator in the anchorlock so it remained operational.

That way the trailer was still road haulage compliant, and could be dragged with a tractor unit. It was still on twins because Agg. tyres aren’t speed rated.

Still amused?

Edited by treequip
speillong

It’s not too clear without taking a close look at the picture but that’s not a road, it is a public park. Not a white line or street sign in sight!

Further, when I built that trailer I simply added a hydraulic braking system to the air and put an accumulator in the anchorlock so it remained operational.

That way the trailer was still road haulage compliant, and could be dragged with a tractor unit. It was still on twins because Agg. tyres aren’t speed rated.

Still amused?

So was the tractor and trailer low loaded to site??

I think you are over egging your pudding a bit.

It’s a vehicle check with maybee a fine, it’s not like they are going to do anything to screw your life up.

Few posts back John missed a sale, thanks to some muppet not knowing his job:thumbdown:

I remember seeing a cop on TV who pulled a motor bike, because it had no lights, the rider told the plod it was a race bike and could be ridden on the road in day light hours.

The cop would not believe him and called for an expert cop from down country, took him hours to arrive. He agreed with the rider, by this time it was going dark and the biker had to arrange transport for his bike :thumbdown:

Still amused?

My mog trailer is haulage compliant with ABS and fancy load sensing.

So was the tractor and trailer low loaded to site??

No, as I said the trailer was road legal so could be towed by any “artic” tractor unit so no need for a low loader. The tractor belongs to a contractor, he uses it on the road a lot so it's got an O licence and it's on DERV.

Also worth noting that the picture pre dates the revision of HODA schedule 1, which clarified the use of red.

If I do need anything moving I call a pall of mine at Chris Bennet Haulage (Stockport). Plenty of low loaders and big hiab’s.

Still amused?

Few posts back John missed a sale, thanks to some muppet not knowing his job:thumbdown:

I remember seeing a cop on TV who pulled a motor bike, because it had no lights, the rider told the plod it was a race bike and could be ridden on the road in day light hours.

The cop would not believe him and called for an expert cop from down country, took him hours to arrive. He agreed with the rider, by this time it was going dark and the biker had to arrange transport for his bike :thumbdown:

Thats madness :thumbdown::thumbdown: