Truck insurance help needed

Mags711

Same with Sky, AA and a lot of these companies.

Surely someone better paid than I can also realise if they didn't take liberties and just added a couple of percent, all these comparisons site would go out of business and we wouldn't need to ring every year to moan about the price.

Which always mysteriously shrinks, I know they are probably relying on those people who don't even balk at the auto renewal but that must be a small percentage?.

Just now, oldwoodcutter said:

A friends wife was sent to head office  on a 1 week training course with her insurance co.

He said that her week was entirely made up of how not to pay out on any car/van/truck claims.

Why am I imagining the fight club recall scene.

48 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Insurance quotes never seem to make much sense.

I sure they get them by reading chicken entrails or something.

They don't give a damn how much sense it makes. It's mandatory so they take the piss.

• Like 2

I have no doubt that this years very competitive quote will disappear in a puff of smoke next year with a renewal of £2.5k or something, with another years no claims and the truck worth a bit less, so I will move again.

As Gareth said, if they just pumped it up a few quid I’d be happy to stay with them just to avoid the hassle.

They have a very strange business model.

8 hours ago, AHPP said:

I recently got an e-mail from Hastings, subject line, "Your automatic renewal."
"You fuxking what." I thought. I always cancel that straight away.

Last year was £292. Opened the e-mail, expecting it to be £1100 or something stupid. It was £310! An increase of only half inflation, a real world reduction. Checked gocompare and the cheapest was £4something. I let it renew. Very weird.

i bet if you rang them and asked if they can do a better price they would it Maby only £20 but better in your pocket than theirs 

3 minutes ago, daveatdave said:

i bet if you rang them and asked if they can do a better price they would it Maby only £20 but better in your pocket than theirs 

No way I’d take the risk. They could just as easily say it was a mistake and yank it.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, daveatdave said:

I did it once when I rang to renew, when lady on phone asked if everything was correct I said no price was to high, she said there maybe a better quote and put my vehicles through the system. 

Came back with a like for like quote around £100 cheaper.