Arb Approved

TREES.SERVICES

37 minutes ago, dumper said:

If you are in the doctors cartel and you **************** up they kick you out, if your in the AA they take tell you your a “naughty boy” and then take your money. 

Can anyone tell me if a AA member has been refused renewal due to poor quality work 

If my memory serves me right, I can remember an AA response to a post on twitter, when a rather large contractor working on an infamous contract was seen lowering off an access platform, went along the lines of they're following safe working practices and even have secured the felled timber to the platform for additional safety!  

Can anyone tell me if an AA member has had their approval removed for unsafe working practices, or has anyone ever had a response from the AA, apart from the standard deflect a dickhead "we'll look into it", when an AAAC has been caught in the act and they've sent shown the videos?? 

• Like 1

On 12/02/2023 at 21:28, TREES.SERVICES said:

Hi all 

can anyone who has applied to become a Arb approved contractor recently, explain their experience from submitting form to the process? Timescales etc? 

thanks 

Can take several months from application to approval as everyone is very busy, the admin staff are quick and nice to deal with. Will give you time to get ready for the assessment day and get everything in order.

Good luck if you go for it. AA is not perfect but I am happy to be part of it.

1 hour ago, dumper said:

Can anyone tell me if a AA member has been refused renewal due to poor quality work 

The guy who trained me and did my Loler inspections for years was an assessor for the AA. He told me that he assessed one firm (already Arb approved) and fed back to the AA that they were not up to scratch and needed a bit of nudging at least. He said the response from the AA was along the lines of "we don't want to go upsetting people too much"

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, EthArb said:

If my memory serves me right, I can remember an AA response to a post on twitter, when a rather large contractor working on an infamous contract was seen lowering off an access platform, went along the lines of they're following safe working practices and even have secured the felled timber to the platform for additional safety!  

Can anyone tell me if an AA member has had their approval removed for unsafe working practices, or has anyone ever had a response from the AA, apart from the standard deflect a dickhead "we'll look into it", when an AAAC has been caught in the act and they've sent shown the videos?? 

Well Bartletts had no issue with their AAAC status after that infamous Lombardy SNAFU, which says it all really and explains why they don't hold a lot of respect in the arb world.

A bit like that article I questioned them on recently. A lot of beaurocratic waffle and no action.

All fart and no poo.

• Like 1

There was a arb firm also that is arb approved that a lad felled a tree ****************ed up and paralysed himself.... wonder how that was commented on in the risk ass and method statement. 

Don't forget arb ass did nowt for the 2 rope job and probability still haven't a clue which colour diesel to use 🤔 

Also I remember asking ages ago to the Aa... are your assessors nptc qualified assessors.....

No they are not. 

So who the hell are they to say about work practices etc if they don't know the criteria we passed with via nptc to say we see doing it correctly or not? 

Then the firms bombing around with their logo on their vans but not an actually AA contractor lol 😆  it's a joke

Edited by swinny
  • Like 3

On 14/02/2023 at 13:10, nath said:

They lost me the day they bent over backwards pandering to the hse over the double rope fiasco. Talk about sell your own industry out 

They lost me when bugger all happened over the Bartletts pop felling fuck up!