Where would we be without Arbtalk?

Mull

Not surprised to hear how much this forum has helped people, stumbled on it pre 2010 looking for advice on how long a bar I could put on a husky 50🙂, it was a big fallen beech I was cutting for firewood, ended up buying a saw from a guy on here. I was a pain in the arse back then but I am glad to say I’ve managed to keep that going to the present day. @eggsarascal and @mendiplogs have been a big influence 🙂

• Confused 1

AT is a wealth of knowledge due to a lot of people that not only have a real interest and great expertise in the industry but are also willing to share it. I have learnt an awful lot from AT over the years and for that I am very grateful to said experts but mainly to Mr B who made it all possible.

Although 14 years on I'm still not sure which is best, husky or stihl?!!!

A thanks to all that have contributed over the years. 🍻

I've got a couple of jobs through here.  Had a few folk work for me through Arbtalk.  Sold a few bits of wood through here.  Got lots of ideas how to do things differently or more efficiently.  Had some good laughs at the jokes thread or some of the general comments.  Got frustrated at some of the less helpful contributions.  Think I've been a member for 11 years now, still don't know how the badges work or what they mean, but I keep coming back.  I'd definitely miss Arbtalk if it went up in smoke tomorrow, of all the tree websites it's the most useful to me - UK based and more helpful than a lot of the others which tend to be more pissing contests.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Spruce Pirate said:

I've got a couple of jobs through here.  Had a few folk work for me through Arbtalk.  Sold a few bits of wood through here.  Got lots of ideas how to do things differently or more efficiently.  Had some good laughs at the jokes thread or some of the general comments.  Got frustrated at some of the less helpful contributions.  Think I've been a member for 11 years now, still don't know how the badges work or what they mean, but I keep coming back.  I'd definitely miss Arbtalk if it went up in smoke tomorrow, of all the tree websites it's the most useful to me - UK based and more helpful than a lot of the others which tend to be more pissing contests.

have to admit I’m a fan of a pissing contest, lost a few though.

• Like 2

Always enjoyed Arbtalk, like to think I’ve contributed to and taken back for what’s getting to be a long time now.

Seen a few heated debates, some seriously savage banter, but on the whole it ticks along, and if that sort of thing is not for you, plenty of other threads going on.

I’ve sold kit and attachments to people from all over on Arbtrader, and all without question have been a pleasure to deal with.

Probably responsible for a few Takeuchi TB016 sales, and Arb Digger inspiration!

Plenty of topics, some seriously talented and experienced people out there, an awful lot of knowledge shared.

Credit to you Steve. 👍

• Like 1

I've derived much pleasure from Arbtalk these last seven years. It's like a hardware store with a bar counter, where you can scratch where it itches. I've savored the flame wars, the butthurt, the gossip, the gear talk, the shop talk, the nutters, the genuine support, the odd conversation that really makes me think.

- A pint of porter there Steve, please, when yr ready.

2 hours ago, pie eater pete said:

I'd be having to watch 11 overpaid prima donnas kick a football around..🙄

Without Arbtalk I'd be free of you and your hord descending on me every Summer.

Endless EE-BY-GUM and accusations of me being a soft Southern t**t.

There must be other people willing to bring over my Yorkshire tea and Marmite...FFS.