Returning Waste For Unpaid Work

Chipperclown

I did it to a real nasty pisstaking customer 13 years ago, had the police around to my house (the customer had subsequently reported me for fly tipping), I showed the policeman the message/email trail over a brew and they left happy that it was a civil matter. 
I’ve used Thomas Higgins in a similar situation since and it was much easier (and I got my money with interest!). 

• Like 2

I had a British client arrange to have his properties guardian/gardener pay me.

I arrived on a dark wet evening and at the moment I was handed the envelope, the guardian ran off, I assumed because of the rain.

Stupidly, I didn't count it.

Back home, an unsigned cheque and a wedge of folding £500 short of the agreed amount, feck.

I emailed the client and copied in the guardian, the client demanded a photo of the cheque, reasonable, so I sent one but he denied that the cash could have been short. He claimed to have ordered the total sum of our agreed cash payment after our work was completed during his stay in France.

He refused to pay point then told me he was a retired crown prosecutor (verified by Googling him) and that I was treading on thin ice accusing him of short changing me.

I resorted to the very real threat of returning the 3 loads of 7t Iveco worth of chip making his next visit a difficult one.

He replied that just with that he had enough evidence to make a formal complaint to the Gendarmes citing threats, attempted exhortation, tva (vat) fraud.

I replied, do so then, a British Crown Prosecutor paying cash above the legal limit for such transactions and short changing a tradesman will certainly raise their interest.

And so it went on, ping pong ping pong ping.

Until my tame Jersey lawyer friend told me to ask him for the evidence that he had indeed withdrawn the correct amount as he said he had made a single money order and to scan that evidence to me.

Silence followed.

Then a few days later a payment for €500 was made into my account and nothing more heard from him again.

Stuart

• Like 11
  • Haha 1